Thread: I want to remove completely haali media splitter

I want to remove completely haali media splitter

Can anyone tell me what is Haali Media Splitter. I just found it on my computer and dont remember that I have installed it in my pc. Even when I will remove it then it will return back and I can see it in the start menu as well being frequently used in the programs. I dont know whether this is a legitmate or weird software installed in my pc. Does anyone know how to completely remove it? Thanks

Re: I want to remove completely haali media splitter

Can you check whether there is a directory like this one C:\Program Files\Haali or such? If you find anything similar to it, then delete that folder completely. Or else you can even try to search your computer for splitter.ax, first try to rename it as splitter.ax.bak and then test, and delete it if you are sure its the file being used. Keep us updated if this worked for you or not.

Re: I want to remove completely haali media splitter

I think that Haali splitter might be getting activated when you are playing any video which is in avi file format. Did you recently installed any codec pack, if yes, then this Haali splitter might have come with it. Anyways if it cannot be uninstalled, then try to reinstall it. You can get the installer from here http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/ and run it. Just try to install it in the same directory of splitter.ax and then it should give you option to enable or disable haali media splitter for avi files.

There is a codec pack called K-Lite which has the option to install Haali for AVI but if you have not selected it then it wont be used for avi. I am guessing that this Haali might have been installed by this same kind of video conversion software. By the way, Vista Codec Pack also uses Haali which you might have installed in your system.