Thread: How to extract subtitle from mkv file

How to extract subtitle from mkv file

I have heard that there are some HDDVD or blu-ray videos that comes with subtitles embedded in them. I have also read this in the nfo files. I am actually using Tvix-5100 player to see these all movies and now I am looking for a software that can extract these embedded subtitles. I am looking to get it to only rename them and get the subtitles to work. The program that I have cant read them, so can anyone make any other suggestions? Thanks

Re: How to extract subtitle for mkv file

You can try to use the MKVExtractGUI but ensure to install it with the proper version of mkvtoolnix to the same path in which you will install MKVExtractGUI. MKVExtractGUI is a small, simple and reliable demultiplexer that allows you to demux mkv streams, split video, audio and subtitle to separate files, from an MKV file. MKVExtractGUI is actually a GUI for mkvtoolnix. The list of chapters can be multiplexed format .xml (Matroska) or plain text .txt (like OGM format).

Re: How to extract subtitle for mkv file

Yes, all you need to do is install the latest version of mkvtoolsnix and then run mkvmergegui. After that open file options and tick mark an option for disable header removal compression. After that close the mmg and then restart it. Now open your mkv file with it and then uncheck whatever you do not need and give it an output folder and name and then click merge. You can also try to manually input a delay offset in mmg.

The best fix would be to use DVD Decrypt to hard drive and then use mmg.exe and manually choose the movie vobs to append. After that use TSmuxerGui to change the MKV to a .TS format and then remove the subtitles if necessary. If this doesnt work for you then you can eventually follow the steps given in the above reply and extract subtitle from mkv file easily.