Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to boot Windows XP after removing RAID driver

Windows Software

Old 31-03-2011

Unable to boot Windows XP after removing RAID driver

I have installed Windows XP on the computer of mine. Recently I have started to face a particular problem on the computer of mine. Two days before I have uninstalled RAID driver on the computer of mine. After doing the same my computer is does not seems to boot at all. Now I am totally clueless and how to fix the problem of mine. I am hoping that all the users on this forum will help me out to fix the problem of mine.

Old 31-03-2011

Re: Unable to boot Windows XP after removing RAID driver

Well I have done little bit research work on this particular matter and I have found the following thing to fix the matter. I have boot the computer of mine into safe mode. I have seen viamraid.sys on the IDE which was not located in the SATA folder. I have copied the file windows\system32\drivers\viamraid.sys and simply pasted the same on the SATA drive on the computer of mine. After doing this SATA hard drive booted and I performed the system restore.
Old 31-03-2011

I let you know that the thing viamraid.sys is not just the RAID driver. according to me it is the driver for the SATA/150 and also RAID capabilities on the motherboard using chipset. You need to install Windows on another drive so that it would become the temporary C drive and the second drive would become the secondary drive. Once you have done you will be able to access the original C drive. I am hoping that it will help you out.
Old 31-03-2011

In this particular matter I recommend that you need to create the BARTCD start up disc. This particular disc will let you to start the computer on the Windows based environment without mounting on the hard disk. Using this particular thing you will be able to view the drive and access the same on the secondary drive. You might need to create the kind of the startup disc and simply copy the same on the correct directory.
Old 31-03-2011

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I am having a particular solution to fix the problem of yours. I recommend that you need to format and install Windows XP on the computer of yours. I have also seen some motherboard which are having dedicated RAID SATA ports and settings which you might need to change by using the BIOS settings. I am hoping all the suggestion which I have provided over here would be useful to you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,