Thread: cannot copy data from one spreadsheet to another

cannot copy data from one spreadsheet to another

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I want to copy a spreadsheet that is saved as an excel 97-2003 file to another workbook also saved as an excel 97- 2003 file. When I go to copy it, an error message is displayed. "Excel cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook”. I dint have this problem while running it with Excel 2000.What should I do now. I cannot take it lightly because those are my very important projects. Can anyone suggest me what to do.

Re: cannot copy data from one spreadsheet to another

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I want to copy a spreadsheet that is saved as an excel 97-2003 file to another workbook also saved as an excel 97- 2003 file. When I go to copy it, an error message is displayed. "Excel cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook”. I dint have this problem while running it with Excel 2000.What should I do now. I cannot take it lightly because those are my very important projects. Can anyone suggest what to do.

Ok according to your issue ,you are not able to copy worksheet saved in 97-03 file to another workbook. You can try again copying but before that you have to save the files in .xlsx format. This can solve your problem. Temporarily You can change to that format then after copying you can switch back to 97-2003 format. Try it, follow the above steps and you would be Able to copy the worksheet to another workbook.

I understood your problem and analyzed it. Here is the solution for your problem. Save the macro enabled file as Excel-Macro Enabled Workbook. In the second step close the workbook. Now save the workbook which is to be copied into another workbook in excel 2007 format. After having done it you need to run the macro enables workbook. It will complete the execution. Now save the output in Excel 97-2003 file.

To copy worksheets to another work book make sure that the target work book where you want to copy the worksheet should be open in the same instance of excel.you cannot copy worksheet between the work books that is opened in separate instance of workbook. Say if the workbook is opened into separate instance of excel you wont be able to copy it. make sure that you open it by browsing Open dialog box (Microsoft Office Button, Open).