Thread: Not able to open Photoshop (PSD) files

Not able to open Photoshop (PSD) files

In my windows 7 compatible dell latitude laptop I am not able to open the Photoshop (PSD) files, whenever tried to open it flashes a message into the screen that the files format is not supported with the Photoshop program, and directs me to close the file execution. I am using the latest version of Photoshop application. Though I open similar files in my system with the Photoshop program before that, then why now it is creating this problem, can’t understand. Whereas I was also applied almost all tricks to resolve this but nothing was helped me. I am willing to change this program, but for that I am not having any idea on the best alternative of this Photoshop program. So any information regarding this will be helpful for me.

Re: Not able to open Photoshop (PSD) files

The Picnik is the extension for the Mozilla Firefox browser that provides the integration of capabilities with the Web service with different image formats. This also allows you to tweak and save images that you find on the web directly, without intermediate steps to add them to your Picnik account or as well as save it to your hard drive. The integration is based almost at various options in the contextual menu image, which will have the ability to send the image to the editor or to send captures to editor web page, either the visible or full page. It is termed as the best alternative of Photoshop.

Splashup Light is a tool for photo editing with simple and intuitive interface, also with perfect for novices. It has a clean and user friendly interface, in that interface the photo appears in the center while the various tools are located on each side. On Left side, editing tools and effects are situated, and on the right side the display features and other navigation are placed. This application supports images in JPG and PNG formats. I am suing this one and this very much impressed me with all of its features. I recommend you to go for this.

Try with the advanced version photoshop express, with this advanced version, you can upload and sort digital photographs, to apply nondestructive edits and share them without any geographical constraint, via the web browser. Photoshop Express allows anyone to make standard edits, such as remove red-eye and blemishes , converting to monochrome images, cropping and resizing etc. It is full of tricks like Pop Color which function to select an object in an image, hide the background color and switch the color of the object.

Snipshot is a Firefox extension that allows direct access to Snipshot site from your browser for editing or other related purpose and is integrated into the browser context menu. With Snipshot when you see a picture that you want to edit, for that you need to only select that image file and then adjust the image size, crop, rotate, change settings such as brightness , contrast, color saturation, etc. it is simply a service of online image editing. So if you looking for similar kind of application then go for this one.

Photo Flex is another free online image editor. Features of this editor are like Cut, image re-size, rotation, erasing and marking, image distortion, paste layer with image overlays, blur setting, sharpening and contrast. After you finish editing, you can save your work directly on your computer or upload to the desire web site. As per my opinion it an excellent option to retouch your images in the absence of an editor like Photoshop. It brings a new concept for those who enjoy photography and are always seeking uncomplicated tools that can give a "little help" at the time of making the images more beautiful and attractive.