Thread: .PWI file converter which can be used on Windows 7

.PWI file converter which can be used on Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 on the computer of mine. Well I am having a particular requirement and I want to discuss with the users of this particular forum. I am looking for the .PWI file converter. I have already tried to open .PWI file on the Office 2007 which is installed on the computer of mine but it did not seems to working for me. I am not having further idea to meet the requirement hence please help me out. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: .PWI file converter which can be used on Windows 7

Well I was unable to open the PWI file on the laptop of mine and after little bit research work I have found the root cause of the problem. I have installed Windows Vista and WM6.1 on the system of mine. I have done the following thing which I am going to post over here.
    1. First of all you need to make note on the phone. Now synchronized Windows Mobile device center.
    2. Now launch Outlook on the computer and go for Notes.
    3. You need to browse the file but do not open at all. You have to go for File menu and click on the Save as and save the same in to Rich Text Format that .rtf file format.

Well I want to know whether you are using ActiveSync 4.5 then you will be able to do the conversion of the file. However you will not be able to use ActiveSync 4.5 or earlier version of the program if you have installed Windows 7 or Windows Vista on the computer of yours. I let you know there is no way to convert the PWI file with windows 7 as well as Windows Vista. You can simply open them on the Microsoft Word 2007.

I let you know that I am using Word Mobile in each and every situation due to conversion issue happening while converting the PWI file. I am having a note file which I am always using on the Word document and I simply copy paste the same on the Word Mobile file. It’s quite longer process and according to me it’s not ideal so far. If I sync my device with Outlook Express which is installed on the computer then I would be able to open the file on the computer of mine.

In order to convert the PWI file I am wondering that you need to use some third party application program. Personally I am recommending that you should go for Agile Notes to get the requirement oif yours. You will be able to get this particular program on the official website of the developer of the program. You can use AgileNotes as a standard format so that you will be able to view notes on the standard PocketPC. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

If all the above mentioned thing is not working for you then you should go for TestMaker software. You need to download this software on the official website. You should deal with the trail version if you liked the software then go for the license version of this program. It seems to be work as PocketWord. Let me know about the experience of yours on this particular software so that other users can get the idea from it.

I have Office 2010 runing on Win 7 x64. Open Word, go to File->Options. Click on Advanced in left pane. In right pane, scroll all the way to the bottom under ‘General’ and check off ‘Confirm file format conversion on open’ then click ‘OK’.

Either do File->Open or just double click on the pwi file you want to access – if prompted choose Word as the default program to use.

Choose the option ‘Recover text from any file’. Then you can save as plain text or whatever your heart desires. You won’t get all the encoded junk, just the etxt this way and no fooling with active sync or any other program.

You should be able to follow similar instructions for ealier versions of Office as well.