Thread: Windows Error code 999 with iTunes

Windows Error code 999 with iTunes

There is a problem with the iTunes application that I installed recently in my dell inspiron laptop, though this was running fine till the last date, but suddenly in the last night when I was tried to play a file with the help, of iTunes application, it flashes a error code message into my screen looks like , “Error code 999”, and along with this one also shown to me another message that the iTunes is not installed properly. What type of problem is this? Can’t understand how to overcome from this one. Any idea on this ?

Re: Windows Error code 999 with iTunes

According to me I think this is occurring for the browser itself that you are using, if you are willing to play a video via online then there is a plug of this iTunes application into the add-ins list, which might be disable or messed with the other plug-in those you were applied. So for this open the add-ins from browser tool Menu bar and there check whether this is disable or not. if you found such like this then enable this and then play the video.

According to me, if you are using this application in your system without the browser plug ins then this can be issued for the other application those are relevant to this program, if you are having any such type of program in your system then I would like to recommend you to remove that one and along with also remove the other contained files of this application and now see, I hope this time it will not give you any such type of problem.

According to me I think this is simply occurring for the operating system as per the error code that you mentioned in your post, for that I suggest you run the operating system installation program and from the welcome screen choose the windows repair option, wait till the process completes and reboot your system if it will does not do this automatically. Try it.

Yes I also think that the browser is only cause of this issue, though this was encountered with me, after that I was also applied many tricks but nothing was helped me, then I simply proceed with the browser fresh installation process, I applied that and get relief from the problem. so if you are also having this issue still now then reload the browser and also remove the other files of this browser and then run the fresh installation, I think this process will surely help you.

The problem might also be occurring for the iTunes application itself, if after applying the above mentioned processes if you are still facing the problem then I would like to recommend you the last process to resolve this process. Remove the application from your hard drive and then also remove the other contained files of this software, and reboot your system, now run the clean installation of iTunes and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the loading process.