Thread: Sound Keeps Cutting Out with Realtek Audio

Sound Keeps Cutting Out with Realtek Audio

I am having some problem with my system and I wish that I will get the solution for this over here. I am having the Intel S5520SC motherboard that has integrated Realtek audio as of Intel driver CD. I can say that most of the things are working fine with this but I have noticed that sometimes sound cuts in and out and this shows me the message which says that I have unplugged the device from the audio jack. I am not able to guess that if it is the problem with hardware or the software. Please tell me that what is the possible reason for this and how can it be solved. I will be thankful to all the replies on this. Thanks for help in advance.

Re: Sound Keeps Cutting Out with Realtek Audio

This seems that the problem is with the connection of your jack to the port for jack. That may not be providing the proper connection to the jack and as a result you are getting the problems like this. My suggestion to you is to remove the jack and insert it back to its place properly. Make sure that the jack is not lose and it should to fit to the slot. It is the most possible reason for the issue that you are facing at the time. I hope that you will b out of the issue soon.

Just check for the warranty of that. If it is under warranty then you will not have to do anything from your side. Just take that to the dealer and ask them about the problem that you are facing. If they can solve the problem then it is fine but if they are not able to solve the issue then you can directly contact the Intel and ask them the same. They will tell you the possible issue that can cause the problem. It will be the best and the safest way for you.

It can be problem with the driver that you have installed on your computer. It might be not working properly and also it is possible that the driver is corrupted and so the issue is coming to it. My suggestion to you is to go to the manufacturer site and from there download the drivers for it and install that on your system. I am not saying that this is the only solution for this but it can be considered as one of the most possible reason and the solution for the problem.

If the problem is coming after installing the updated driver then I can say that the latest driver that you have installed in your computer is not compatible with your computer and so it showing the strange behavior. According to me, you will have to roll back to the previous version of the driver and that will let you out of the issue. There is no harm to try this once and see if it can help you. I wish that this will resolve the issue foryou.

I downloaded the latest Realtek driver from Intel. Is newer than the one I installed from the Intel CD. Unfortunately, it does not solve the problem. The problem disappears if I restart my system and only starts after you connect the headphones to the front of my system. I am convinced that this is a driver problem, so my only recourse is to contact the technical support from Intel.