Thread: Getting error while installing Adobe Reader 10

Getting error while installing Adobe Reader 10

I have windows XP on my system and I have installed the Adobe Reader 9. And after this my system was working properly without any kind of issue in this. So just to update it I have downloaded the update for it for Adobe reader 10 and try to install this so at that time I get the error in this. And windows came out and displays a message that ERROR 1402 Could Not Open Key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS
    ”. So in this when I try to resolve this from my side so regarding this I have visited the adobe website and in this it suggest that uninstall the current version and reinstall the new version and upgrade, so you can solve your problem. So I have did like that but unable to get any solution from my side. So if you guys have any suggestion so please help me

Re: Getting error while installing Adobe Reader 10

I would suggest you here to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe). For you to resolve your trouble, Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe) will also help you to get rid from this situation. Upgradation that will resolve the error throughout the updation. So in this just to run the msicuu2.exe take the following steps: first tick the start button on the desktop and then tick the search box and type programs and features and then you will be able to enter. At the present get the programs and implementation in accordance with the features you pick the program you desire to take away and then tick the Uninstall or modify the button. I hope this will help much in resolving the problem.

I just want to thank you guys for your replying. So in this I'm not going to solve my problem. And to fix this Io have uninstall it manually. After that I have follow the suggestion which is given here. And after that I run the msicuu2.exe for many times in my system. But also I am not able to uninstall it. I do not know why like this is happening in my system . At the present I get the Adobe Reader 10 icon on my desktop. At this time I do not know how to fix this problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I have also faced this issue and in this you do not have to worry about this matter. I have one solution which will really going to help you. In this you have to choose the Start button and then go to control panel. Under the control panel choose the Add or Remove Programs in that you have to choose the Adobe reader 10. And press to remove in this. I hope this will help a lot. You are also able to try another way if you have the DVD / CD of Adobe Reader. Insert your adobe CD / DVD drive. And in this it logo will appear so in this you just select the Uninstall dialog box.

I'm experiencing the same exact problems in one of the two the same system after something happened in the registry. The first issue that appeared was an error 1325 "selected is not a valid short name." I have included the registry key (% userprofile% \ Favorites) and solved it. So now that the next would be hers. In my opinion, the solution can be found in the list of registry keys that Adobe Reader is access. Indeed, with the help of registry cleaner, I have found this key to be in error.

I have also an issue in this but mine is little bit different actually in my case I Am getting the runtime error with the Adobe reader 10. And Internet Explorer each time a pdf file when it is opened online. Pdf is captured. And then a window shows the runtime error and closes this properly. This only goes to people who have forwarded the application data directories and profiles. I have the entire computer system installed with Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8. And in this I am always switch to Firefox or Chrome, but Internet Explorer is only operated with the closure policy group. I can make the reader unintallation of 10.x and reinstall 8.x and working properly. The only problem with it is that I have to do to move all the systems and to prepare physically uninstall from the installation package of Windows XP with this. Does anyone know a solution or if Adobe is moving to resolve it recently?

A registry cleaning tool is one way to quickly inspect the system and displays a variety of machine errors which commonly occurs, the application is not easy to warn of these errors, which usually corrects and enhances performance computer system. If you got to meet with the management of a runtime error adobe reader, we recommend you download one of the tools available, including cooperation in facilitating the free exploration and solving a specific amount at no charge. At present, the opportunity to end this weired problem with just a few minutes of your time.