Thread: IMovie project gets disappeared automatically

IMovie project gets disappeared automatically

I was created an iMovie project but I found that it is disappeared from the project library of mine. Now, I am able to see the movie uploaded in Itunes but the project is not at its place. Now I am not able to regulate my project. I used the finder for that and I found that the project is mentioned over there but the extension imovie.rcproject is not there. Can you tell me that what is wrong with that and how I am able to retrieve my project? Please reply back with your suggestions.

Re: IMovie project gets disappeared automatically

What is the version of the IMovie that you are using? I thing that you are having the older version of it and this is the reason that you are getting the problem. In my case, I am having the iMovie '09 version 8.0.4 and that is working fine for me. If you are having any version, other than the one I mentioned then you should install this version in your computer and this can let you out of the problem. Please reply back if you are getting the same problem with this version as well.

According to me, it looks like that the iMovie 09 does not place the media within the project file like iMovieHD as it was doing earlier. It only stores the iMovie to the place where media is actually stored. Therefore if you shift the project file then it will vanish from iMovie and that time it will be unusable to you anymore. You can try one thing and that is to shut iMovie and shift the file return to Movies folder otherwise where ever you contain iMovie put to maintain project files and after that open that again. It must perceive the file and provide you the project once again.

After reading the post, I come to the conclusion that the preference file is corrupted and so it is not able to be located. I don’t think that there is any way to recover that. If you want to try then try the suggestions above and see if that can help you. If it is not able to solve the problem then its fine otherwise, you will have to start the project over again and that is the only option for you at the time.

The best way to know the answer for this is to call the Apple support and then ask then for the issue. They will tell you that what is the exact problem that you are facing with this and how that can be solved. You will be guided in the right way to solve the issue. So just make contact with them and get your problem solved. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time and this will be the most easy and safest method to get the answer for your question.