Thread: unable to merge VOBs with DVD shrink

unable to merge VOBs with DVD shrink

I hope somebody has a simple solution to a difficulty I'm having. I have a pair of hundred extremely small VOBs, all no more than a few seconds of video. I produced them through DVD Shrink 3.2 re-authoring. When I attempt to place them mutually in a DVD in the company of shrink, is said to be an accomplishment, but the disc will not play in any DVD player, including one in which I burned. I guess the only problem is that too many files for a single DVD. The whole thing works well when I burn a couple of files, so I'm assuming that there is not anything wrong through my writer. Moreover, when shrinkage creates a record in electronic format, the DVD player stops a couple of seconds between each file, which is very annoying when you change the files every few seconds. Specified these two troubles, I thought my solution was to join the VOB files in a pair of larger ones. I make use of vobmerge251 to accomplish that and IfoEdit to generate latest IFO files. The fresh VOB file plays well in Power DVD, which is type of fresh. When I try to open it in the course of Shrink, it throws up various errors regarding the files being unacceptable.

Re: unable to merge VOBs with DVD shrink

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I have no suggestion at the moment how to solve this, or if it is yet fixable. In reality I don't perform this sufficient to justify spending a couple hundred dollars on software. I attempt it via Nero 8 or 9, I don't memorize which one, but it wouldn't run on my system. It's too older and too sluggish. I just want to combine the VOBs mutually and write them to a disc. I don't require titles or chapter markers. I am thinking going into this, it would be attractive much a no-brainer. It comes into view I am wrong. Anyone have some implication?

Hello according to me you have to use Mock strip. It will help you to solve your problem. You have to do mock strip when you create the IFO’s. On the other hand earlier than opening the output from IFoEdit in DVD shrink, run this through FixVTS. And according to me the regulation for DVD format is 9VOB files for each title and a utmost of 99 titles. You try this I hope this will help you to solve your problem. If you find any other solution then please share with us. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your reply. I try your settings. I have a dissimilar difficulty now. The mock stripping is type of operational. It constantly creates a single VOB that can be unlock with DVD Shrink, but half the time the entire obsession shows up under "Unreferenced Material" and unable to reauthored. I can't discover any outline to it, nor do I have some clue how to fix it. For example, I just make use of DVD Shrink to pull 10 clips of no additional than 20 seconds all out of a DVD. In this case, I can combine VOBs 3.1 in a directory called test using VOBMerge, use VOB Extras in IfoEdit to create the IFO files, and I can open that file in the contraction and shown in the DVD Browser tab, when Re-Mode Copyright. If, however, treated in exactly the same after the merger of VOBs 1-4, the file will not show the DVD Browser tab in the Re-author mode. I can change the way Full Disc and open to open files, but says it is without reference material. Any guesses on what might be happening or how to fix. I ran FixVTS but that does not fix it.

Hello I did the following steps. And it works for me. I re-authered a movie into ten clips, and after that I merged VOB 1 to 3 into VTS_01_1.VOB and save this file to a folder. For next merged VOB 1 to 4 into another VTS_01_1.vob and save this to folder. And after that in IFOEdit I create IFO for the first VOB and selected VIDEO_TS.IFO and get the VTS sector. Then I select the new VTS_01_0.IFO for VOB Extras and save this file. And I did the same steps for second VOB. Then I opened the new movies in DVD shrink and reauthor does not demonstrate unreferenced objects.