Thread: Driver Verifier Does not Work on windows 7

Driver Verifier Does not Work on windows 7

I am having Windows 7 operating system, I'm trying to find out if I have faulty drivers. I've been having BSODs for a while, and I have removed RAM etc. So the next step was to test drivers. But you cannot run Driver Verifier. No matter what drivers you choose, the Driver Verifier causes a blue screen as the logo of Windows 7 starts to bind. I have to delete the settings in Safe Mode to recover it. Is there any way to solve this problem, or any other way to check my drivers?

Re: Driver Verifier Does not Work on windows 7

The analysis the memory dump files then (if it worked) that the analyst knows which driver caused it. You'll know because there will be a memory dump Driver Verifier permited. FWIW - I had a system that cough up IRQL error, but no error messages Driver Verifier enabled. Finally enabled all the settings in the Driver Verifier, and then restart. An hour and a half later the system was booting with the Windows 7 welcome screen. The point here is that the configuration used in Driver Verifier is critical - and are determined by the type of events you are getting BSOD.

Not sure if I'm actually getting a core dump, however. Driver Verifier is never actually log on to Windows, because it does not make it past the Windows logo. I received Bad_Pool blue screens before, and I've tried various settings in the Driver Verifier. My problem is that my computer blue screen on the Windows logo if Driver Verifier is running, no matter what drivers of their control. I have no present in my minidump file, but I will try to make some with driver verifier again, but I do not expect to create as it is not in windows?

There is a system problem that is causing the BSOD to happen, but not write. There are many reasons for this, but the most common is due to hard disk problems. More information can be found in the workings of Windows internal v5 (hardcover) and Advanced Windows Debugging (paperback). I turn off Driver Verifier at this point, since it seems he's found guilty.
    Dump files appear to indicate that the driver ASACPI.SYS as the cause, so their upgrade is the best thing to do

I wonder how big of a problem it will be if I cannot find a way to solve? Currently I am also unable to do a chkdsk, because at some point the pc restarts on its own, instead of finishing the memory test. Anyway, I actually had a checker run even when I went to youtube now, and I received a blue screen. It was possible to catch him, and is not related to the previous. But I'm still concerned about this BSOD others. I want to make sure that this (attached) has been solved.