Thread: cannot play video taken from Sony cybershot in window media player

cannot play video taken from Sony cybershot in window media player

Hello everybody, I am facing a serious problem in watching video in windows media player. I have Sony Cybershot digital Camera. I bought it last week it is working perfectly. Problem is that I am not able to play videos taken from my newly bought Sony Cybershot camera on Window Media player. I always get an error that codec not supported. I not much computer savvy. What is it all about and how to get rid of this problem? If any have any kind of suggest please let me know.

Re: cannot play video taken from Sony cybershot in window media player

Thank for posting on this forum. I have read your problem. It seems that video shot taken from the Sony Cyeber shot does not supported by windows media player. As you said you are getting error that codec not supported it means for playing the video you need file called codec in to your windows media player. Your Sony cybershot video file has extension VHM so download codec for window media player that support VHM file. Try this. This is your problem .Hope it will help to solve your problem.

Window media player does not support the THM and VHM extension file. Your Sony make the Video in VHM format so you are not able to play it in window media player. So you need converter to run video. For that you can attempt using Movie Maker software which comes with the windows operating system. So import your video file to movie maker from your local drive. Then convert it into compatible file format that is supported by windows media player. Here in movie maker you can also edit the video and provide some effect. And then you can burn on DVD. So try this method to solve your problem.

In trying to solve my problem of playing video clips of my Sony Cybershot, I found Windows Media Player useless, it not support with THM Fles. Trying to get this on internet, As you told on this forum on trying to make it by Movie Maker. My computer uses a Windows XP and I cannot import the videos from the My Videos folder in My Documents. So it really making frustrating. If any other ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Your media player does not support the video file that you shot by your digital camera. It is all VTM file that is not supported by your media player. There are numerous of the video convertor available on the net. You can download any of them and then convert it into file format that is supported by windows media player. You can also use another player to play this type of video. VLC player is one of the player that support most of the video file. You can use this play your .VHM file. If any futher issue please let me know.