Thread: "this is not a windows movie maker project file" error message in windows vista

"this is not a windows movie maker project file" error message in windows vista

I recently prepare a project with the windows movie maker application in windows vista compatible desktop PC. Now whenever I tried to open that made project in windows movie maker it flashes that the "this is not a windows movie maker project file" and direct me to stop the process execution of windows movie maker. Now I am looking for the alternative for windows movie maker, any information regarding this issue?

Re: "this is not a windows movie maker project file" error message in windows vista

Download the desire converter form web site and convert the project file which is compatible with the windows movie maker format. i think after prepare the file the file format is changed and then by convert the file I think this will be run in WMM. Go through this, I hope this will surely help you to play the file.

Re: "this is not a windows movie maker project file" error message in windows vista

VirtualDub is a application for capture and video processing. It featured with the batch processing, facilitate it to hold large numbers of files and can also be extended with additional features for proper video editing. It is mainly process toward processing AVI files, although it can read MPEG-1 format and also handle the BMP images. The software functions are like, Optimized access to the drive for optimal use of the hard disk. It can also create multiple files with supported file format.

Adobe Premiere is a video editing software for HD, SD and DV non-linear. You manage accurately almost all aspects of production with powerful tools for editing audio and video in real time. Get free assembly rendering effects and an immediate response allowing you to work with incredible speed. It take advantage of the opportunity to nest several packages: experiment freely and more effectively manage complex projects. Adjust hue, saturation and brightness of highlights, halftones and shadows, replace a color throughout a sequence by simply selecting ... Create sounds richer and more interesting with the sample-level editing , VST filters, effects track and 5.1 surround sound.

Avidemux is a free video editor. It is intended mainly for installation, encoding and filtering. It supports many formats such as AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a diversity of codecs. With this software tasks can be automated using the predefined projects, the line work or the ability of the powerful script. The interface is quite spartan and discover all the functions you need a little 'time, At the bottom of the window are all the controls to move through the movie: play, stop, forward one frame, placement of bookmarks and much more, are the commands that allow you to move at the speed you prefer. On the left hand are the options to select audio or video codecs and file format output.

Cinelerra, compatible with both the windows and Linux OS. I am using this video editing software from a very , long time, this is very much worksful with the advanced feature of video editing application. I am using this one from a long time, I would like to recommend you to go for this application, it will surely help you to video editing, and this is termed as the best alternative of windows media center.