Thread: Command line switch error message with the word document

Command line switch error message with the word document

There is a command line switch error message appears into my screen whenever I tried to open nay word file from start menu or form the my document folder. They message appears after double click on eth document icon is looks like, "There was a problem sending the command to the program". I am using Microsoft office 2003 in my windows vista compatible Dell XPS laptop. The problem starts occurring in my system just before few days back. There is no issue with the excel document, it opens perfectly. Any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

Re: Command line switch error message with the word document

According to me, is there any virus affect your system? Did you encounter any such type ‘of problem in your system with the other installed application? If yes then I think this can be occurring for the virus file, though I was also facing relevant issue only with the word documents. As per that is suggest you to scan your system with the updated antivirus program, go for the full scan process, terminate the process and wait till it completes, I hope there you will surely get nay help.

Are you able to open that document with the open with command? Open that folder from where you are willing to open the file or document, now right click on that and choose the open with command, select the default program to view that document and set as the default program. You can also do this similar process from the properties of the document itself. Now from then whenever you will double click on the document it will open it that selected program.

The problem might be occurring for the Microsoft office tool application also, for that I would like to recommend you to reload the office toll application, remove the existing one along with also remove the other entries of that office tool from your hard drive, and then proceed for fresh installation though this might not be actual solution of this problem, but of you are not able to solve out the issue, then this process is termed as the affective.

Try to open or execute the document from run as administrator prompt. Though I was also facing relevant issue with some of the word documents in my windows 7 system, after that when I searched about the problem in different web sites I found this is simply occurring for the user authentication permission. So if this also happened in your system then I think you tried to open the document with the administrator prompt. I think in this way you will be able to open the document.

Though the problem is not occurring with the other office toll documents, then it might be happening for the windows operating system, any one of the windows command line argument is missing or corrupted. So if this happened with you then I suggest you to proceed for the windows repair option, boot you system with the OS installation disc, not from the welcome screen click on windows repair option, terminate the process and wait till it completes and require you to reboot your system. I hope this will surely help you to overcome the problem.