Thread: Hiding Values and locking cells excel2007

Hiding Values and locking cells excel2007

I have been searching for days for this solution. I expect anybody can help out. I have an Excel workbook consisting of 3 sheets. Sheet 1 is my workspace. 2 of the worksheet have the entire the information in a sheet which I created two validations. I place one in A8 (doing things over it, typically cosmetic things) I also place a validation based on B8 A8. That works well. So essentially when I choose as of a dropdown list A8 Departments which gives me the option to choose the employee associated to that department and once chosen, CD and E are full as well. Now I have two questions for you. How can I create it empty one so while the user opens it up is empty and they have to choose a department to begin off? How can I lock it in order that no modifications can be done? Essentially I desire to be view only. Please reply fast.

Re: Hiding Values and locking cells excel2007

Answer for your first question is that when you When you come to an end of your calculations then you will have to put your values = "" (with the quote marks). And to defend your sheet, Select the Review tab and choose either Protect Sheet otherwise Protect workbook. After that deselect the items which you don't desire altered. I hope that this will be helpful to you. Please reply back with your experience about this.

I am agree with the advice given above but I usually set any cells with formulae or input to unlocked. You can then simply protect the entire sheet but the unlocked cells will still allow input or formula calculation. If you are having a formula which depends on input somewhere else then you can forever utilize an IF statement to guarantee that if there is no contribution then a empty cell will be the consequence. For instance, say you contain the following formula inside C1, by means of input allowed within A1=A1+5. To confirm C1 is empty until A1 is modified you would use =IF(A1="","",(A1+5)).

According to me you will have to modify the cell references that are there in the formulae so that you will be able to match those three cells. Right behind the IF change the B8 within the formula to C8 intended for the lookup within cell C8, modify B8 toward D8 and so on. So try this and see if that is able to help you. If this also not helping you then you can post your experience with this so that we can provide you more suggestions.