Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894 drivers not working in windows 7 ultimate 32bit

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894 drivers not working in windows 7 ultimate 32bit

I just obtain my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894 Windows 7 installed Home Premium 64-bit the recent past. I needed some remote desktop options that are available only in Windows 7 Pro or ultimate, so I decided to go buy a Windows 7 x32. I install windows and everything is fine until you try to update the display drivers. For some reason, the display drivers keep saying that the hardware and drivers do not match. So double make sure that I clicked windows 7 x 32 the same as the operating system, and double checked that I had the right model #. Again did not work. So I decided to go to Nvidia websites and get the drivers directly from them, and to my surprise that did not work. Does anyone know about this?

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894 drivers not working in windows 7 ultimate 32bit

This one says it is used for 32 bits. The version of Windows 7 is not making any issue. Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that do not start properly or that force to stop Windows as of starting properly. If a difficulty does not come back when you start in Safe Mode, you can delete the default settings and essential device drivers as probable reason. If a newly installed program, device, or drivers avoid Windows from running properly, you be capable of start the computer in Safe Mode and then take away the program that is origin the difficulty.

Hello thank you for your reply. I try according to your settings. I try to install nvidia driver and it says that the hardware and drivers are not compatible. And even try to install it in a safe mode but still no success. Again I am getting the same problem. For various reason the Driver presently won’t be familiar with the Geforce 460M. I try to find about it on internet but not able to find any solution. Any additional thoughts or do I now have to wait for Toshiba to bring up to date their drivers?

No, sorry about that. It seems that Toshiba did not build the 32-bit version of Windows 7 work in the media serial number. You can try the NVIDIA site to acquire a suitable driver for Geforce GTX 460M. You have the best opportunity to install in Safe Mode from the Device Manager. It's an embarrassment as well. We are sticking with 32 bit Windows on all our computers. The benefits here extreme are more important than the disadvantages.

Hey no problem. Thanks once more for your help, though there are a number of solutions that I have not thought of earlier than. That used in the opportunity on other computers with the same driver troubles. I estimate I have to stay with my 64x Windows 7 Home Premium until Toshiba to help with some updated drivers. Such a disappointment that such a authoritative laptop has such unfortunate driver support. Anyway I am still waiting for solution if anyone knows then please share with us. Thank you.

Hello I hope this will help you. Please follow the following steps. First download drivers from Nvidia and then move into safe mode and after that installed driver via device Manager using disc option. Following this used NVAA.inf like a driver setup. From this picked my video card from the list. And then install driver and restart your system. I try this with drivers of Toshiba and when I seem into the INF file I do not observe my video card the Geforce 460M. The Toshiba Driver simply support to GTS360M so if you have some video cards newer than that the drivers will not maintain it.

I wish for to make in no doubt I get this correct. If I improve to Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit I will be capable to install, in safe mode, nvidia present driver (266.58) used for my GTX 460M. I am using X505-Q898 laptop. If you say yes to me, I am departing to have to try this tomorrow, for the reason that even when I pay money for my laptop as a replacement for my desktop I expected it to work as a "gaming laptop". I just wish for to make sure it will work earlier than I go and buy the upgrading. Have you had any problem ever since and did it recognize the most recent nvidia drivers (266.58)? Thanks for your help in advance.