Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows explorer crashes, had some trojans before

Windows Software

Old 25-03-2011

windows explorer crashes, had some trojans before

Everytime i try and open any folder windows explorer crashes.i did an virus scan and found 1 trojan and a worm i removed them.but it still keeps happening could it be a virus possibly.i tried booting in safe mode and and i can open folders then.what should i do?

Old 26-03-2011

Re: windows explorer crashes, had some trojans before

You can only solve this problem only if all the trojans or viruses are removed from your computer. It can be accessed from the Add/Remove programs list, but the only problem is explorer keeps restating and you can?t open the windows fast enough without them automatically closing. This is an in-depth fix, read carefully:
  1. Open Task Manager via Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
  2. Click File > New Task (Run?)
  3. Type ?C:\Program Files? Press ENTER
  4. Click the ?Folders? link near the bottom of the left-hand colored pane.
  5. Click Control Panel.
  6. Click Program and Features.
  7. Click the ?Installed? tab so it sorts by installation date.
  8. Notice the programs installed on the current day?s date! You need to uninstall these.
  9. READ CAREFULLY!!!
  10. When you click to remove one of these programs, windows will ask you to restart. DO NOT RESTART. Click ?No?
  11. If/When Windows prompts you telling you the uninstallation failed, click ?Uninstall Using Recommended Settings?.
  12. Repeat the same uninstall process, on every program installed on the current day's date, until Explorer stops restarting. Look for "Safety Alert" or "Messaging Service" specifically.
Old 26-03-2011

I did as you said but i don't think there were any files to delete.not sure why? probably because i hadn't been downloading much of anything except for updates.windows explorer is still crashing.i'm not exactly sure what to do about it.
Old 26-03-2011

Alright then, you will have to make sure windows is fully up-to-date, or else explorer will crash, even more without service pack installed. This effect seems to be on a timer, XP without SP1 will work fine one week the next it will crash on average 6 time an hour. Its not you, just microsoft. By the way are you getting any error messages apart from windows explorer crash?

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,