Thread: Unable to convert mkv to avi without losing resolution

Unable to convert mkv to avi without losing resolution

Hello I am wanted to convert mkv files with the support of a resolution of 1080p to an avi file with no losing the resolution. I have attempted this with divX converter and AVS video converter, but I am not able to convert it. By using that you can convert it up to 720P only. Is there any other solution to convert this mkv file into an avi file? Or is there any other additional software I can make use of? I try to find out it on internet but no success. Please help me to resolve this problem. Thank you. All replies are highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to convert mkv to avi without losing resolution

What configures is the file within the mkv? If it is an avi, the entire you have to do is take out it using mkvextract. .mkv is a container where you can store each of these files. Consider of it as a .zip. Within of it there will be video, audio and subtitle files. Possibly the video is previously .avi, so there is no require to convert (re-encode) whatever thing. What do you require to exchange it for? Avi suggest no advantage in excess of .mkv. If you re-encode the video, you will misplace superiority. The simply possibility is to make use of uncompressed avi, but then you will have incredible similar to 30GB video files.

AVI is a container presently similar to MKV; you are on the correct path despite the fact that JaguarGod. MKVextractGUI will in truth demux your MKV, but once you have completed that you require a method to remux reverse to AVI. DurtyD, I am confident your MKV is of the AVC (h264) codec. If you actually require converting to AVI make use of AVIdemuxGUI, you are capable of load the MKV directly and remux to AVI, accurately this will obtain only minutes, no recoding concerned. May I ask although, what device is you using intended for playback?

I did struggle extract it in the company of MKVextractGUI and it is an AVC h264 codec. And when I remix it, it would go reverse to MKV. Odin24, you are correct regarding it being an AVC h264 codec. I haven't attempt with AVIdemuxGUI up till now. Excluding I will attempt to facilitate. The device I am using is a Philips DVP5990 DVD player with the purpose of upconverts/plays media to 1080p HDMI. It moreover has a USB media link/port. It plays WMV and DivX Video which of route is AVI. I am trying to renovate mkv to avi to observe if it is potential to play it on this device via a flash drive throughout the USB port. I don't be acquainted with if anybody has attempted this, but I required giving it a shot.

Hello guys thank you for your great replies. I try the settings whichever you guys mentioned in your post. I had a difficulty with AVI-Mux_GUI, when I attempt this ending file was motionless MKV and not an AVI. Someone knows what I am doing wrong? Where I made a mistake? I want to convert 3 files to burn all the way through a program that I utilize; it will not recognize mkv files. Please help me out to solve this problem. Thank you.

Hello please follows the steps. First Load your file. And after that, generate data source from files. And start to convert it. And use the drop down box to select in which format you have to convert. Unhappily your player will not able to play your file. It plays DivX encoded files, in all probability with the .DivX extension, And maybe AVIs with the DivX codec. As of up till now I haven't heard of an up exchange DVD player that plays AVC h264 media. Even if it did, it up converts SD media, not essentially plays HD media which your source is before now.