Thread: How to record phone calls on Skype?

How to record phone calls on Skype?

Hi I am using Skype and want to know is it possible to record call conversation done on Skype. If yes then how is it possible? I want to keep a record on what I talk with others on Skype. I want to record the conversation of both the side, to be specific. I tried cool edit pro 2.0 for the same purpose but it did not help me to the extent I want. Does anyone know how to make this possible? Which softwares can be used? Please help. It will surely be appreciated.

Re: How to record phone calls on Skype?

I would suggest you to use this software called “Skype Call Recorder”. According to me it is the best free call recorder in have used till date. It gives you the option of both automatic and manual recording. It saves the record file in mp3 format. It is capable of recording many calls simultaneously (but it will mute one call when using other) and saves the file separately. I use it to keep a track on my business conversations for further references. Or you can just search for Skype recorder in Internet and you will find many free software which can provide you with this facility.

I would suggest you the application I use and personally recommend you to use. It’s safe and very mush attractive in looks and easy to use. Just search for Skypecap (now known as IMCapture) in Internet. Visit their official website and download the application. It can be used for saving online Audio and video conversation. It is available for Skype, Yahoo Messenger and KeyBag also. Download which version you wish to use (like the XP, Vista, Mac version). It works amazingly for me. Wish my suggestion helped you.

I would like to remind you first that you should always inform the other party that you are recording them and obtain their permission to record. Recording anyone’s privacy is a crime and illegal in many countries. There are many plug-ins available which can be used for recording. Some of them are KishKish Sam, HotRecorder for VoIP, PrettyMay and many more. But remind you all these plug-ins are paid plug-ins. Hope you are ready to cash-out a bit.

Hey guys thank you for the help. They all are amazing. I liked them all. I am confused between Skype call recorder and IMCapture (SkypeCap). Both seem to be the best among them all. That’s why I have installed both. They are very handy to use as well. I would prefer using the free recorders over the paid plug-ins. Thanks again for the help. Now because of your suggestions I will be able to record all my online conversations and conference meetings there.