Thread: unable to install display drivers for Dell Vostro 3300

unable to install display drivers for Dell Vostro 3300

Hello guys, yesterday I bought new dell Vostro 3300. I am frustrating to install the most recent display drivers for my laptop Dell Vostro 3300 but all time I am receiving "Setup cannot continue through this graphics driver possibly will not come across companionable graphics hardware" message. I tried with many different steps but it’s not working. Please help me out to solve my problem. I try to find out it on internet but no success. If anyone has any solution, then please share your knowledge with us. Thank you.

Re: unable to install display drivers for Dell Vostro 3300

Vostro 3300 has two choices of graphics, Intel and Nvidia. If you are unsure that which one you have, then you can go with Intel one and test with Intel. You can go with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 64-bit HD Win7. If you are using Nvidia then you can go with Nvidia Geforce 310M Win7 N11M Nvidia 64-bit or 64-bit-GE1 Win7. Both Intel and Nvidia is not a choice, if you are thinking that nvidia switchable is driver then you are wrong NVIDIA switchable not a driver. If the NVIDIA driver cannot become aware of the graphics card immediately means you have an integrated card (Intel) on your system. However, PM me your service tag and I will be more than happy to see you.

Hi thank you for your quick reply on my query. Conversely, how I am able to get the most recent display drivers? The switchable one on or after this site DELL is old and not similar in temperament through the characteristics OpenGL3.3 which my work necessitate me to. I bought this laptop under the consciousness that can be misrepresented in the BIOS, now I am not capable to do consequently, so how is DELL solve the difficulty of being paid the latest drivers? Please help me I am waiting for your response.

No, I do not imagine I had a choice for video hybrid. As I talk about, I am with the controller switchable, integrated Intel GPU driver, and I'm running the latest BIOS. Signifying that make sure for updates is not very helpful. I'm just asking to be able to do what is in the documentation and what am I supposed to be able to do. And if for several motive you cannot repair that, then Dell possibly will at least update your drivers, graphics card maintain for all of us, the customers paid. I pay for 310M not immediately to be able to do what we supposed to be suitable to some boundaries on their side. Can you at smallest amount obtain me information if switchable graphics driver after that one is planned and when it will occur, or if there are no updates considered?

I have also this problem in a new Dell Vostro 3300; I cannot turn off the HD video from Intel, to update the 310M as discrete, A10 bios running. Dell either require to update the BIOS to make possible it off as point toward in the manual and this thread, or update the drivers of hybrids like the 189.99 drivers are very outdated and I have software that requires 250 or more series NVIDIA video drivers. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Yes, according to me the BIOS option would be alive the best explanation, and quickly to the problems of all. I have no more than contain my Vostro 3300 for about 5 days, and except for for this trouble I like the machine. It's nice and small, and works as advertised except of course for this year's video. And I'm sure Dell would not take the time to add the option to turn off the "hybrid" video in the bios as the Alienware M11x and other hybrids Dell / Alienware machines already have.