Thread: Mozilla Thunderbird: "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?"

Mozilla Thunderbird: "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?"

Hi all, I have upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Home Premium from Windows Vista. I have installed the Mozilla Thunderbird to my computer and when I try to open the Mozilla Thunderbird then it shows me the message which says "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?" It was not the problem when I was having the windows Vista installed on my computer then why it is happening to me. I am not able to understand the reason behind this. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that and how can this be solved? I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird: "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?"

This is seemed to be the problem with the Privilege Level Settings in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. Make sure that you have logged in as the administrator to run and use the program. So go to the settings of Thunderbird and set that as "Run this Program as Administrator”. Now save the changes and then try to run that again. I don’t think that it will show you any kind of issue after that. So please try this and reply beck if it does not help you.

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird: "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?"

There might be some of the problem with the installed Mozilla Thunderbird and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. Some of the installed file of that might be corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing such issues. In short, you are having the corrupted installation of that. So my suggestion to you is to install that once again in your computer and see if that is able to solve the problem for you or not. You can do the installation with the new copy of the setup. This will avoid the installer issue. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time.

I would like to tell you that User Account Control (UAC) informs you previous to modification are done to your computer which needs administrator level permission. The default UAC setting informs you when programs attempt to build changes to the computer, but you can modify how frequently UAC notifies you. It may be that you have the computer to “Always notify”. This is the most basic setting that needs to be done in the cases like this and it can let you out of the issue. Please reply if this helps you.

I searched for this on internet and found that UAC is doing this for all the programs automatically. It is the nature of the UAC. It will show you the messages regardless of what program are you running. It do not have to do anything with the application that you are running in your computer. If you do not like to see that then you can turn off UAC and after that you will not get that message. It is not the bug. It’s common to all the users so you need not to worry about that. Thank you.

There is something called UAC (User Account Control) in the windows vista as well as in the windows 7. It has nothing to do with the administrator rights. If you are the administrator of the system then also it will notify you regarding that. Because it tries to make some changes into the C: drive of your computer. If you want more information about the User Account Control then you can click here and this will let you to the page from where you will be able to get the idea about that. I wish that it will help you.