Thread: Trying to install Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB974331)

Trying to install Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB974331)

Actually in the silverlight update it include the security and reliability improvements. And the update is the backword which is compatible with web applications built in previous versions of Silverlight. And for the more information on this you just click here (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=160518 ). But in this when I try to keep updating the itunes software so at that time I get the message that unable to install because another installation is running in the background. I am not getting this that how to fix this so if you have any suggestion on this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you.

re: Trying to install Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB974331)

Since I went to update to Windows Update KB974331 silverlight, apart from having no way to install this and it is blocking the installation of other updates, I tried it and all, getting off the entire package, follow instructions which is given on the many of the forum site but unable to get success in this, etc. The problem is that when I start to install and the process is stopped in a halfway because it tries to find a path and it is unable to get that, in particular is this c \ 144109b7696d6bf8cbe9947fd6 \ Error, Code 64c. So is there any way through I am able to fix this issue.

Regarding to this issue I want to know that have you ever run a cleaning tool (apart from including the operating system)? Download the Windows Installer Cleanup from the official website and after that install it by selecting the. exe with the right mouse button, Run as administrator. Once installed, run the file C: \ Program Files \ Windows Installer Clean Up \ msicuu.exe, select Silverlight and choose Remove. Try to reinstall Silverlight. So this is what I know about it and I am sure after doing this you will be able to get solution for your query.

There is one more way through which you will be able to solution for your query. In this first you uninstall the silverlight and after that you install this once again and after that you try to install the update KB974331. So just go for this I am sure that this thing will going to fix your issue. And if this thing will not work in your case you have to take a look at LOG installation of the update, to try to determine what is causing your problem. Upload for example SkyDrive ( http://skydrive.live.com/ ) files C: \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log and C: \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.persist.log (shrink it before) and I'll take a look.

As much I know about it then I see that Silverlight which is not installed by service component of Vista, installed by Windows Installer. The latest version of Silverlight includes the update which you mention, so in principle the objective would be to install the latest version. The steps I recommend you follow this. Silverlight uninstalled from Control Panel, Uninstall a program. It is important that before closing all open programs and then reboot the system. Then go to the official website and try to install Silverlight. First of all, if you can close all resident program you have (antivirus, firewall, third, etc.). If there is any error during installation, copy and paste here the contents of these files (where UserName is the name of user who started the facility):
    C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ SilverlightMSI.log
    C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ Silverlight0.log
    Try to open them directly from the address bar of Windows Explorer it is possible that some intermediate folder is hidden. From the information provided by this LOG, may be found to cause the problem, or have to turn on verbose logging functionality of Windows Installer to get a more complete installation LOG.

Re: Trying to install Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB974331)

Have you ever run a cleaning tool (apart from including the operating system)? Download the Windows Installer Cleanup from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/es and install it by selecting the. exe with the right mouse button, Run as administrator. Once installed, run the file C: \ Program Files \ Windows Installer Clean Up \ msicuu.exe, select Silverlight and choose Remove. Try to reinstall Silverlight.