Thread: Windows Movie Maker not able to import a MP3 file

Windows Movie Maker not able to import a MP3 file

I am trying to import an mp3 file in my windows Vista ultimate specified dell XPS laptop. But with the using of windows movie maker I m not able to import that file. it says that WMM is not allowed to import that mp3 file. I tried a lot to perform this process import process, but still now not able to do this. Any idea on this problem? Any input share freely.

Re: Windows Movie Maker not able to import a MP3 file

Some of the supported formats of the windows movie maker are .aif, .aifc, .ai, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav and .wma. If you are totally not able to import the mp3 file with the WMM. Then I recommend you to download the desire converted from the web site and by that convert the file with any other supported format. Then I hope you can easily import that one with the windows movie maker. I hope by this you will be able to perform the import process, try this.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, I think this can only be occurring for the WMM itself, for that I would like to recommend you to repair the windows version that you are using in your system run the widows installation disc and then run the installation process by boot the system with the OS installation disc. Now from the installation welcome screen click on repair option, terminate and wait till the process will completes and require you to reboot your system. I hope this process will surely help you .

I am also facing a problem with the windows movie maker of my windows vista 64-bit system architecture, this ewes’ running fin till the last date, but suddenly it encountered that, nay type of file format whether this sir a audio or video file, not able to import that one with this windows program. After getting the problem i was simply reload the operating system, but this was does not help me to resolve this. Now I am here for getting any information regarding the alternative of windows movie maker. Any input will be helpful for me.

ulead video studio is a alternative to windows movie maker I recommend you to go for this third party application. Corel VideoStudio (formerly known as Ulead VideoStudio) is a complete semi-professional which is designed for video editing enthusiast who is looking for a more advanced software than Windows Movie Maker. The following video is comprised of many tools VideoStudio Editor (for editing), Assistant Film (simpler version of the previous, to go with a few clicks), Assistant DV / DVD (transfer and digitization), Corel WinDVD (video player) Resources Extra (clips, models, etc) NewBlue Film Effects BONUS (a library of effects). The program is very well designed in a black interface easy to learn and classic editing software: a large viewing window assembly, a time line or submit videos, music and other items, a bin to hold the all the files. Corel VideoStudio also allows you to export file from YouTube, Blu-Ray but and from any mobile devices.

VideoSpin is a free program for video editing. It comes with a respectable: it is well structured, easy to use and is equipped with tutorials that explain step by step how to proceed with the application. The features are a bit limited, but all are need. The program is fast, but requires a robust PC hardware that has at least a 2 GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM, for use with Windows Vista 2 GB of RAM are recommended. VideoSpin is free and simplified version of Pinnacle Studio. This software lets you create video clips incorporating background music, titles and transitions. The acquisition is possible only import. VideoSpin cannot capture from a camcorder.