Thread: Windows 7 do not show Msn video player and sky player on media center edition.

Windows 7 do not show Msn video player and sky player on media center edition.

I am having a bit issue Windows Media Center. I cannot see MSN Video Player and Sky Player on the same. I had tried to re-install entire thing back again but the issue is still the same. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this thing. I think the media center version that I am trying to install has this problem. I want some way to add this two things but it does not looks to be working fine.

It can be due to your security software. I will recommend you to reinstall everything back again, but for that you will have to disable your antivirus or third party security software. Once this is done then only go ahead with the installation procedure. That is the easiest way to fix the issue. If this is not working then there are chances that the version that you are trying to install does not has complete things.

You are unable to get those things because you had not installed fresh updates in your system. You just have to add the same and that will be enough to fix the issue. For that go in your Windows Media player first and then click on Task. Then click on Settings and click on General. You can find Automatic Download in that part. Click on that and click on Download Now. That's it. Download all the updates and then test back. This will be quiet enough to fix the issue.

Re: Windows 7 do not show Msn video player and sky player on media center edition.

I have the same problem and have done steps advised with no sucess,now i am talking about my main pc but my laptop has the same install of windows 7 ultimate and msn and sky player show up on it.
    The laptop install of windows 7 was done a couple of months before my pc which is the only difference i can tell in the two installs

Re: Windows 7 do not show Msn video player and sky player on media center edition.

I too was facing this problem long back... but fortunately fixed it myself. What i did was much similar to the solution given by Eric B. Did you tried that on your desktop PC with windows 7 ? If not try out, hope it should work . Its here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    first open the media center on your system and under the media center click on the tasks and then select the settings. Now under the setting go to the general and then make hit on automatic download option and after that make select on the download now. Wait till the end of downloading and after that make hit on the finish.

already done that download,it always tells me that the download didnt complete and to go to the icon on the task bar and right click to find the download log but there is no log when i do this ,if anyone could tell me were to find the log it would be helpful

All the possible solutions for this is already mentioned above. See if that can help you to get out of the issue. If not, then you can refer this link. This is the Microsoft site and they have given troubleshooting steps for Windows media center. Check that if any the troubleshooting steps help you or not? Thank you!!!