Thread: Installing AutoCAD 2004 on Windows 7

Installing AutoCAD 2004 on Windows 7

I am having Windows 7 on the computer of mine. well I am looking for installing AutoCAD 2004 on the computer of mine. I am getting an issue when I am trying to copy the license file in the C drive of the computer of mine. it is not allowing me to do the same. Let me know where is the problem and how to fix the same. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Installing AutoCAD 2004 on Windows 7

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I let you know that AutoCAD 2004 is not compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7 at all. If you are going to use AutoCAD 2007 then you need to use service pack to run this particular software on Windows Vista. In case you have installed that particular software on the computer then I am suspecting that it might become completely unstable on the computer of yours.

Just for trying I am suggesting that you should try to use this particular program in to Compatibility mode.
    • You have to right click on the program and go for Properties and click on the Compatibility mode. You have to click on the Run this program into Compatibility mode for checkbox.
    • You need to choose the desired operating system form the list so that you can run the program under the desired Compatibility with the operating system.

If you have installed Windows 7 and you can try with the Windows XP mode and the Virtual PC. Widows XP mode would require the following thing.
    • First of all very basic it should have Windows 7,
    • A computer which can do the hardware visualization . well it means that CPU of the computer would have either Intel VT or AMD Visualization.
    • Finally visualization feature should be turn on to the BIOS of your computer.

I am asking certain question which would help me to find out the root cause of the problem on the computer of yours.
    1. Have you ever tried to install AutoCad 2004 on the computer of yours? When you are getting the issue and the time of installation or running that particular software?
    2. Do you have got any error message on the screen? If your answer is yes then simply post the error message over here?

Answer the above mentioned question so that i can let you about the troubleshooting steps.

Well i have figured out the after disabling the Integration in XP mode and you can start the Autocad on the computer. In order to disable the Integration mode you have to Choose Tools which is located on the the menu bar of the virtual XP mode. Now launch the Autocad and again go for Tools in the Virtual PC XP mode. Now click on the Enable Integration. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the matter of yours.