Thread: Setpoint 6 series version won't install in Windows 7

Setpoint 6 series version won't install in Windows 7

I have purchased Logitech G700 mouse. I previously had SetPoint v4.8 installed in my Windows 7 x 64 bit computers with uberOptions. After getting this new mouse I decided upgrade it to new version. For that first I have take out the uberOptions and then uninstalled the SetPoint 4.8. Then I restarted the computer and connected new mouse. Windows automatically installs several drivers and mouse started working very well. When I try to install SetPoint 6.2, it couldn’t. When I launch the installer, a blank Windows comes into view and a pop-up says that Logitech installed has stopped working. I have tried several things to make it install but nothing helps me out. Can anybody have a solution?

Re: Setpoint 6 series version won't install in Windows 7

While you are installing the driver or may be any applications in Windows 7, just make sure that you have logged in as Administrator. Otherwise you will get lot of trouble during the installation or after the installation. If you have already logged in as Admin and cannot install Setpoint then create a new Admin User account for your computer. Then try to install from it. If it still didn’t work then do a silent install of Setpoint. We can also call it as unattended installation. For this you need to copy and paste the filepath for the Setpoint exe installer in Search by putting /S at the end. For instance--C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\setpoint620_x64.exe /S

After you delete the older version of Setpoint from the computer you need to delete its folder and temp files which still exist in the C: drive. After that you should go for next installation. If needed also clear the registry entries of that program. When I encountered the similar problem I also deleted the registry entries. I think that that there are only 2 entries. In that one is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech and other one might be similar to this.

Booting clean is a method to get rid of programs from differing through installation of program. If you are getting complexity installing software otherwise drivers related with Logitech devices, you have to boot clean and try the software installation over again. For that Access the System Configuration Utility.
    • Go to Start and type type msconfig in the search box
    • Setup Selective Startup options
    • Go to General tab and select Selective Startup
    • Uncheck Load Startup Items
    • Move toward Services tab and check - Hide all Microsoft services
    • Click Disable all > OK> Restart

After the completion of essential steps, restore the system
    • Open Start> search box and type msconfig, and then press Enter
    • Move to General tab, select Normal Startup
    • Click Ok > YES for Restart.

I don’t think that you need to uninstall the older version of Setpoint and install the new version of setpoint to your computer. Do not remove the Setpoint 4.8. If you have already removed it then install it back if you can. Then I assume that there is an option to update the program without any installation. You won’t need to start with any fresh installation or something. This is the best thing you can do I think.

It is a common issue in many computers who is using the Windows 7. At the first time they may get lot of trouble during the installation of some programs. But it can be solved by trying different things.
    • If you have installed any other mouse control program or drivers, uninstall them now.
    • Disable the antivirus program before the installation.
    • Disable the Windows update and also the internet connection during the installation of Setpoint 6.xx
    • Clear all the temporary files in the computer and also the cache.
    • Disable different applications running the background.