Thread: How to access c drive through command line?

How to access c drive through command line?

I know it’s a strange topic that I have started here. The thing is that a few days ago I had implemented the hide and deny access to the C drive for users via GPO. After some days I found that there were several items which were copied and pasted In the c drive. So how did that happen it obviously points towards the fact that the users may have used the command prompt for accessing the c:. so how do we do that and is I possible to restrict such activities? If you have any idea then do share it with me.

Re: How to access c drive through command line?

One thing that I would like to add here is that you cannot completely disable the c: access in the hard drive and hence it is very difficult to stop any user from accessing any folder from the c: since all the installation files of all the programs does gets saved in the c drive only and hence there are many sub folders generating after it. so putting a ban on the access of all the folders is quite a difficult task and hence I think that would be a very difficult task to carry on.

I think in this situation it is best to contact the Microsoft support people regarding this problem. Since there are many methods by which you would be able to set the permission for the access of the drive in your system. there is a read only access, then write only access and also the administrator has the right to set no access to the particular user. so for that what you have to do is try and contact the Microsoft support, you will be getting the detailed results there, so do try out with the suggestion.

I agree with the above user there are several rights which you being as an administrator can exercise the rights on each and every user. So as said earlier by one of the user there are various such sub folders and it is very difficult to implement the rule for each and every file. So for that what you will have to do is implement the full access denial at the root of C: then you will have to propagate down to all the sub folders which are there In the system for that particular user itself.

Ok, good suggestion. I will try after some time with the same method and lets see if that works or not. I tried searching for the particular methiod in the internet but I was unable to get any specific solution for it so at that time I thought of consulting you and obtaining the desired information from you all. So thanks a lot for all the efforts that you have put into solve the issue. I will tr that method and get back to you if it works or not.