Thread: AIW 9600 Pro and Win Media Center

AIW 9600 Pro and Win Media Center

Hello friends I am looking for AIw 9600 pro. But I am little confused about it. I want to know will AIw 9600 pro play fine with windows media center in windows 7or in windows vista. I am trying to convert old desktop to devoted "Media" box, but confused about media center operating system. I read of video capture troubles among native Win Media Center, need Sage TV or any another DVR intermediary. If you have any suggestion on this topic so please reply.

Re: AIW 9600 Pro and Win Media Center

Basically in today’s time, it is not valuable using any AIW tool less than an x1300, but even those with limited support. You have best choice is to just buy a new, dedicated PCI / PCI-E 1x capture card, and use any aged video card which is supported to hardware acceleration of content. (“anything in the Geforce 8000 or HD 4000 series or above”). It is one of the better ways for your confusion. I hope this information will help you.

As for the recording, I do not recommend using windows media center, as the records in an encrypted file that you can open, edit and delete ads, and save or convert. I would use something like BeyondTV for recording, but SageTV or a number of others work well. To use Windows Media Center, I would propose tracking down a replica of Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista and Windows 7 NOT have a high-quality support for the AIW cards.

Another option is to look on the Linux side of things, where you can get MythTV installed via Ubuntu. It's all free, a lot lesser than the windows weights, and has much better support for older hardware to be used. It Is at least worth a shot since their complete freedom and if you do not like, you can simply reformat and start among something else. If you would like to be able to use this as an all-in-one system that can record media and playback all your content in an easy to manage, you may want to look something like MediaPortal, which is a free, open source software. But personally, I've done is use my home theater PC to play content, the whole recording and editing is done in a more powerful desktop computer.

Hello friends, as per your recommendation I also thing about all and I will use my home theater pc , thanks to all of you who suggested me about this topic and now I feel so comfortable about my quarry. And I am searching more about it on the net and after search I would take a decision and trying one of them. If you have any more suggestion about this so please tell me it will help me bitterly for my quarry. Thanks ones again.

I love XBMC, in fact I use it in my own Home theater computer, but has no native support for the recording shows a tuner, most of the support comes from addons behaved software that can be a pain to configure. Therefore, I recommend using a software package that incorporates a media recorder that is easy to access, unless you like fiddling with software I hope this will help you to solve your problem.