Thread: Stereo Mix is not working on Windows 7

Stereo Mix is not working on Windows 7

As the title suggest what I am going to ask over here. I was having Windows XP on the computer of mine. With that particular operating system Stereo Mix on the computer of mine. currently I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine but I am unable to find out the Stereo Mix on the compute of mine. It seems to be disabled on the computer of mine. Well let me know how can I get Stereo Mix on the computer of mine? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Stereo Mix is not working on Windows 7

I am unable to discover why this particular problem is happening on the computer of yours. I want to know about the hardware configuration of your computer? Also let me know have you done any hardware or software changes on the computer of yours? From when you are facing this particular problem on the computer of yours? Finally I would like to know whether you have updated the drivers and BIOS on the computer of yours.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting the following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Start Search box and type MMSYS.CPL and hit enter from the keyboard.
    • Now go for Recording tab and right click on empty space and click on Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    Above mentioned step will show up Stereo Mix on the computer of yours.

I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well it consists of the following steps.
    • You have to select Stereo Mix and click on the Properties button.
    • Now go for Listen tab and simply uncheck the listen to this device checkbox.
    • You have to click on the Apply button in order to apply the settings which you have done.
    I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I don’t know what may be the root cause of the problem on the computer of yours but I can let you something which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    1. You have to navigate to System tray and click on the Speakers.
    2. Now go for Mixer and click on the icon of the speaker.
    3. You have to go for Speaker properties and click on the Level tab. Finally you need to click on Un-mute Input Monitor.

Well looking at the situation I am suspecting that this particular problem is happening due to an issue with the Sound card drivers. You need to update the drivers of the sound card and see whether issue is persisting or not. You can visits the official website of the sound card manufacturer and look for the drivers for the same. Once you have found the drivers download and install the same on the computer of yours. I am hoping that after updating the driver your will be able to make use of Stereo mix.

In this particular matter I recommend that you should go for some third party application to fix the matter of yours. Personally I would like to suggest i-Sound recorder tool. You can get this particular software from the official website of the program developer. There are both trail and license version is available . I suggest that you should use the trail version if you liked the software then only go for license version.