Thread: Unable to uninstall SetPoint 6.20, Uninstaller Error

Unable to uninstall SetPoint 6.20, Uninstaller Error

I have installed the SetPoint 6.20 on my Windows 7 machine and I want to uninstall this program but I am not able to do this simple thing. I am coming across an uninstallation error. It says that an error has occurred while trying to remove Logitech SetPoint 6.20. It might have got uninstalled already. And it asks me to delete Logitech SetPoint 6.20 of Add / Remove program.

Re: Unable to uninstall SetPoint 6.20, Uninstaller Error

I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 and I have a Logitech keyboard stroke the Logitech SetPoint. When I install Intellipoint (Microsoft software) it asks me to uninstall setpoint, or when I try to uninstall setpoint, he told me to jerk off the mini-receiver to my computer, but I have no mini receiver! Impossible to uninstall setpoint and impossible to install IntelliPoint ...
    Someone has a solution? Thank you in advance

Normally when you remove any program from the Add Or Remove Programs then it gets out of your system still you may try rebooting your machine. It can not connect to a USB receiver that also? Have you tried to uninstall with CCleaner? If you transfer the file or there is the executable you disable the command line in the automatic start and you do a basic cleaning of registry with RegClean! Normally it should not bother you after that!

Well with Ccleaner you can also disable a row in the list of programs that start automatically .... On the left you a Cleaner Tool button below or you and the uninstaller program management started. If I'm not wrong just after that to turn what remains perhaps the setpoint folder and then you throw a normal cleaning Ccleaner handles the registry alone.

I did as you advised me, the coup over setpoint but when I try to reinstall it told me I was already a newer version (so it still had traces of setpoint or I do not know). But I still have to install IntelliPoint, and I reinstall the latest version of setpoint and my firewall told me that the installation was in a "Local" and right after that I put the update of the famous mini-receiver. So I deleted the "Local" (it is a file (and nn case) that was in my documents and settings). So I try installing the latest version of setpoint and it worked! more demand for updating the mini-receiver! After AC was installed properly and now I have Intellipoint and Setpoint! thank you to you for your help!