Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 Beta version

Windows Software

Old 14-03-2011

Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 Beta version

I am running a Windows 7 operating system on my dell laptop and I was using an Internet Explorer 8 as my default browser there was not a single problem for using this browser for anything. But I just thought to upgrade the version of this browse to the 9th one. So I begin installing the IE 9 Beta version, Installation got completed and then nothing happens. I rebooted my machine and then tried to launch it then message appears saying that "Stopped working". What is this ?

Old 14-03-2011

Re: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 Beta version

I guess you have not installed the Internet Explorer 9 Beta version in a proper way as it should be. I think you need to first uninstall the current version of the IE installed on your windows 7 machine and then start installing the Internet Explorer beta version. It might happen that due to presence of IE8, Your IE 9 Beta didn't got installer properly and it got aborted just after creating an icon of the same. I suggest you to uninstall the internet explorer from the core and then install the new version like you are doing it first time.
Old 15-03-2011

If you are able to see the icon for launching an Internet Explorer 9 Beta then I suggest you to try launching the same thing from the safe mode of the Windows 7 operating system which may solve your problem for ever. You need to reboot your machine and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options then you have to choose Safe Mode which boots up your machine in safe mode and then try to start the IE9 and check that it works or not. If not then you should try reinstalling the same version.
Old 15-03-2011

It could be the problem with the exe file itself which you are using to install the Internet Explorer 9 Beta on your windows 7 machine. I suggest you to get the new copy of the same browser and then check that it installs the program properly or not. It has been recommended to get it from an official website itself, Though you may try about some other reputed websites as well.
Old 15-03-2011

It might also happen that you have not removed the IE 8 properly because of which it has got clashed with the new beta version that you are trying to install on the Windows 7 machine. Though I have seen many issues for installing this IE 9 Beta version on the Window 7 OS. I hope that it works on you as people are able to use this browser with ease except some unlucky users. May god does not consider you in those unlucky peoples.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,