Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

vmware vm crashes when suspended

Windows Software

Old 14-03-2011

vmware vm crashes when suspended

Even after I successfully suspend my VM and try to shut down my computer my computer takes a long time to shut down. Then i forcibly shut down my system when the shutting down message comes almost always my VMware VM suspended state crashes the next time I try to load. It seems vmware is not fully done with the save operation tries to save some information when system/windows is shutting down.
If however I give windows sufficient time to shut down this crash does not happen.

Any ideas why this happens and how to avoid it.

Old 15-03-2011

Re: vmware vm crashes when suspended

It might be possible that VMWare process is running in background which is not terminated. To check for this you have to open the task manager and fund the vmware process running or not. If it is running then kill the process and then to check whether your system shut download properly or not. Also i will suggest you to disable the Vmware from the Windows StartUp Program.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,