Thread: How to Move iTunes Library from XP machine to new Win7 PC

How to Move iTunes Library from XP machine to new Win7 PC

I have bought the new Dell computer. I am going to install Windows 7 on the same. I have a old laptop that is running on Windows XP and it has all my songs in iTunes. I want some help here to move iTunes database along with Library, Ratings and Playlists to new system. I have tried to copy the Library.XML file on Windows 7 but the iTunes installed on it is unable to detect it. Can anyone help me here to fix the issue.

You can do that by moving the iTunes media folder. That is the easiest way of doing. Another easy way is through iPod. Click on iTunes and then click on Preferences. In that go in the Advance section and then click on Keep iTunes Media folder organized. You can find the location of folder here. You have to just open that and move the files through that. That's it. Move the files in exactly same position in a new system and done.

That's is bit easy. You can use that through a third party software also. You just have to install some iTunes copy tool from your pc. You can find ample of them on internet. Download and install a good one and use that to move the files. You just have to install the same tool in a new pc and then click on import. That is the easiest way to fix the issue. You don't have to go ahead with manual stuff here. This type of third party software are capable of moving everything.