Thread: Error: "Service Not Available in Your Region" in Windows 7 weather gadget

Error: "Service Not Available in Your Region" in Windows 7 weather gadget

Hello Friends, I am using the weather gadget in Windows 7 and my problem is that it keeps on giving me the error message every time when I open the weather gadget to my desktop. Actually the error message says "Service Not Available in Your Region". The same gadget worked fine for me in my last windows installation and it is not working now. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that and how can this be solved? Please reply as soon as possible. I will appreciate each and every reply on this topic.

Re: Error: "Service Not Available in Your Region" in Windows 7 weather gadget

The problem may occur because your current location is not compatible with the Web service which is utilized to recover weather data, or more likely, a bug in Vista or Vista Sidebar Weather Gadget gadget which grounds time do not work correctly when location, format as well as system locale is not put as the standard configuration, ie English (U.S.), though not a requirement for regional system settings to be in English to run gadget time.

To resolve the problem and make the gadget work time, Microsoft suggests the decision to ensure that the settings in the Formats tab match the setting in the Location tab, by selecting the region of the Formats tab format is corresponding to the current location in the Location tab in the Regional and Language Options dialog box. For example, English (United States) the format must match the United States as the location and so on. I hope that thi swill help you to solve the problem for you. Thank you.

If the service problem is not available yet unresolved after the previous stage then you can try to change the system locale for Windows Vista in English (United States) as well. Merely modifying the system locale for the language alone is sufficient to determine the matter gadget time. To modify the locale of the system, go to Control Panel -> Clock, language plus region, and after that click Regional and Language choice. Click the Administration tab, and after that click the Change button system locale. Choose English (United States) since the common language designed for non Unicode programs. If you cannot put to English, attempt to choose the similar regional format display language as well as system locale.

It should be noted that the locale of the system change should not affect the way Vista works, and that the adjustment only applies to non-Unicode programs you can use character sets or non-native is not compatible with the system Vista installed. Once made the changes, reload the gadget closing time and add the gadget into sidebar once again. For users, who require using non-English as the language or locale of the system, there is a trick to make gadget of time and will work everywhere. If nothing helps gadget default time job, then can try to download and install the gadget weather and temperature options.

I had the same problem. However, mine is caused by the fact that I moved to another country recently. Change my location to the new country, caused the service to stop working. Changing back to solve the problem but the solution is a little weird, right? Especially since my colleagues, who used a local installation of Windows 7 will not encounter the same problem, while its location is correct. Do you have any suggestions on how to and if there is a solution that may not damage the location-based services to others?