Thread: unable to play Sirius under the profile of mine

unable to play Sirius under the profile of mine

Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I am getting an issue on the computer of mine. Sirius does not played at all on the computer of mine. However I can play the same on another profile on the same computer. Let me know if you are having the similar problem which is I am facing. Any suggestion to troubleshoot the problem would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: unable to play Sirius under the profile of mine

I think in this particular situation you need to rebuild the Media Library on the computer of yours. You need to use the following instruction on the computer of yours.
    • You have to shutdown the media player if it is already closed.
    • You have to stop media sharing service. You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel. Click on the Control Panel items and go for Administrative tools and click on the Services.
    • Now you have to right click on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and click on the stop button from the right click context menu.
    • You have to browse to c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player and erase the files which are named as CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.
    • You have to browse to c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player and erase the files which are named as CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.

Well you told me that this particular problem is occurring in the user profile of yours however it is working on another profile on the same computer. I am suspecting user profile of your on the computer seems to be corrupted. Personally I recommend that you need to create a new user profile on the computer of yours and transfer all the settings and files of the corrupted user profile in the same. Well this is the simplest solution which I can give you to fix the problem of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have provided I am suspecting that this particular problem is associated with Internet Explorer 8 which you are using. I am suggesting that you should try to reset the Internet Explorer settings on the computer of yours. you can use the following instruction to reset the settings of the browser of yours.
    • You have to launch the browser if it is already closed and click on the Tool and go for Internet Option.
    • Now go for Advanced tab and click on the Reset.
    • Go for Delete personal settings and remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data if it is needed.
    • Now click on the Reset button for Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
    • Once the process gets completed click on Ok button and restart the Internet Explorer and see whether it is working or not.

I am having a particular solution to fix the problem of yours. you have to uninstall Windows media player from the Windows features on or off and reinstall the same on the computer of yours.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel and click on the Programs.
    2. You have to click on the Windows features on or off.
    3. Now click on the Media Features and uncheck the Windows media Player and click on the Ok button.
    4. Reboot the computer and use the above mentioned instruction again.
    5. Finally you need to reregister the files of the Windows Media Player on the computer of yours. you have to launch the command prompt on the computer and copy paste the following command on the command prompt.
    Code:
    regsvr32 jscript.dll
    Hit enter.
    Code:
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    Hit enter. Now reboot the computer and see whether issue is persisting or not.

Well in this particular situation I recommend that you need to use Windows Media Player troubleshooter to fix the matter of yours. you have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel. Now enter Troubleshooter in the searchbox and click on the Troubleshooting. Now go for View all. You have to click on the Windows Media Player settings. I am hoping that Windows Media Player Troubleshooter will help you to fix the problem of mine.

This problem might be happening due to corruption or missing of system file on the computer. According to my opinion you need to use System File Checker tool which is causing an issue on the computer of yours. You have to execute following command on the elevated command prompt.
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    This command will all the system file and replace the file with the correct version.