Thread: Temporary file location of Outlook 2010

Temporary file location of Outlook 2010

I am using the dell inspiron laptop installed with the windows 7. Recently I have installed the Microsoft office 2010 program and i would like to know where the temporary files are stored in my system please help me how to go about the temporary files. Any help would be appreciated highly. Thanks in Advance

Re: Temporary file location of Outlook 2010

As far as i know the temporary files associated with the Outlook 2010 is located to the following location user/name/appdata/microsoft/windows/temporary internet files/content locations. This location is with respect to Office 2007. Since the office 2010 is an upgrade of the office 2007 program it should be the same.

Most probably the files will be located in the same location as they were located in the office 2007 programs according to my knowledge the files are located at the user/name/appdata/microsoft/windows/temporary internet files/content locations. Simply follow the above path which i have mentioned.

Thanks for replying me Although the path which you have mentioned in your replies i could not found the temporary location i think that temporary file locations of office 2007 and office 2010 are not same so i would like to know what is the exact file location of the temporary files of the office 2010 applications.

According to my knowledge you should try to browser to the File and select Options and then again if you select Advanced and you scroll down you will be able to see a button named as "File Location" . There is only a single option to get the temp files by selecting 'Auto recover files' hopefully this will resolve your issue.

I would suggest you to look at the following location in order to get the temporary files associated file open File -> Options -> Advanced and then move down to the File locations button. This will now show you only a single option or button auto recover files also if you want you can change a number of file locations here.

Quote Originally Posted by Breath View Post
    Thanks for replying me Although the path which you have mentioned in your replies i could not found the temporary location i think that temporary file locations of office 2007 and office 2010 are not same so i would like to know what is the exact file location of the temporary files of the office 2010 applications.
    Try: username/AppData/local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files
    or as I have foound checkout your My Documents and look for .tmp files or files with no extensions with the same name as your target file.