Thread: Can Photoshop CS4 work on Windows 7 x64

Can Photoshop CS4 work on Windows 7 x64

Let me know if Photoshop CS4 will run on Windows 7 64 bit. I tried the MS support site, but does not appear in one way or another - which looks like a major omission for such an important program. I am unable to find any information on the Adobe website regarding the same. I do not want to spend money on Photoshop loads, if it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can Photoshop CS4 work on Windows 7 x64

Nothing to do with your hard drive, adobe CS4 is a professional software is very resource-hungry processor, memory, RAM, graphics card, nothing to do with the capacity of the hard drive. It is the rotation speed of a hard drive! I think you do not realize Photoshop CS4 package that to pay 2000euros, is a software professional who needs a machine "race"! A computer superstore has going charge 400euros, is software that is much tastier than see the games today! If you plan to do some photo processing invested in a desktop computer and not a laptop and if you do not want to ruin there CS4 with Gimp!

Photoshop CS4 is pa that is complicated to use, it's just that it costs a whopping sum of 1015 € or so and I speak not of CS4! So for me this is not legally obtained PS software for all the world, all Simply because all the world has no use, especially if it's for some editing and some less sophisticated effects editor there are alternative, less so after good couteuse. But those who have preferred to invest in PS rather than in a computer a bit more powerful is their choice.

Here I have provided some of the tests that I have personally gone through so you may decide on yourself that what could happen and what cannot.
    • CS4, yes, perfect operation. And it moved to native 64-bit mode. CS3: not tested.
    • Dreamweaver and other software as part of CS4 Master Collection (ie including Acrobat 9): yes. No worries.
    • Acrobat 6: No idea
    • Flash CS4 yes, but I do not know about earlier versions

Excellent device-level recognition. I do not have your hardware to test, but I do not see why it would be inconsistent.

See one thing is clear that if it the program that you wish to run on your Windows 7 64 bit machine is not compatible with the 64 bit machine then it is not at all going to work with it, No matter what you do. Still I guess you can check about this issue by trying to use this program from the safe mode of the Windows Operating system which may does not show you any such issue.