Thread: How to highlight text in iWork page?

How to highlight text in iWork page?

I am going to give my college exam in the next month of this year 2011. Well I am using iWork creating all the notes of mine. I want to know how I can highlight certain part of the text in the document. I don’t want to use neither bold nor underline on the notes of the mine. So l am asking to all the users who are using iWork to help me out from this particular situation. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

MDotNetUser Guest

Re: How to highlight text in iWork page?

I am providing a particular solution to meet the requirement of yours and I am hoping that it will fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to select the text in the document which you wanted to highlight.
    • Now simply click on Inspector. Now click on the ‘T’ that is Text button which located on the Inspector tool bar menu.
    • You will see various options on which you have to click on the More button.
    • Now you have to search for the Background fills
    • Now simply check the check box which is located near to Character and choose the color palette box which is the right of the Character checkbox.
    • Above mentioned steps will help you to highlight the text in the document of yours.

I am suggesting following instruction which you can use to define highlighted text as a character style.
    • Now click on the ‘a’ which is located on the font toolbar and select the desire color which you need to highlight the text.
    • Now click on View and click on show Styles Drawer.
    • You have to again need to choose the desired text.
    • In the option below Character Style there you will see an arrow and click on the Create New Character Style from the Selection.
    • Now simply select and highlight the text and click on the New Character style which you have created.

Another way to highlighting text is to Text Color Coding. You know that shadow highlighting is the viable solution as till the dedicated solution for the iWork. In the alternative which I am going to suggest is the changing the color of the text itself rather than shadowing the text. I think it is very simple to perform. You have to simply click on the color icon which is located on the top of the iWork main screen. You have to choose the desired text for which you are looking for the changing of the font color and simply select the Text Color from the iWork Color Palettes.

If you have decided to use highlighting then simply mark the areas where you are planning for the future editing. For that particular purpose you have to use Comment tools. Well Comment tool will allow you to highlight the relevant text and put the notes in the margins for the future reference. You can use the following instruction in order to insert the comments.
    • You have to select the desired text and click on the Comment button. Another way is to inserting comment is to select the comment from the Drop Down menu.
    • A comment text box will pop up on the screen near the margin and simply click on the it and enter the desired comment.

Well iWork is a great software application which I have ever seen. This particular software helped me to create better looking documents then that of Microsoft Word. Numbers in the iWork had made me to work with the Spreadsheet. But according to me the people who had already used Excel will found this particular software quite confusing. If they have not used Excel then I think there will be no issue while they are using Numbers.

I have used both Word 2008 and NeoOffice on the computer of mine. Well I have found large number of formatting error when I am going to use NeoOffice in order to open the Word documents in this particular software. Still I love Pages why because it is the closest thing to the Pagemaker of the Mac. It’s all time favorite software for me. In case you are looking for the Page layout then Pages are the best but when you are going to make long books or manuals then you should go for Word 2008.