Thread: Will Microsoft Outlook 2011 sync email, contacts and calendar entries?

Will Microsoft Outlook 2011 sync email, contacts and calendar entries?

You know very well that one who goes for Mac will never return. Yes its true but except me. There is only exception for Mail, iCal, Address Book. Well its really frustrating for me because all the three functions are separated by Mac. I am really missing Microsoft Outlook Express since all the three function are included into one program rather than separating it in to 3 different applications. I am little bit scared about the switching back to Outlook. I think will loose the capability of sync on the device of mine. I am looking for the help from your side. Can anyone tell me about the upcoming version of Outlook which will give me the ability to sync email, contacts and calendar entries? Please give me reply as soon as possible.

re: Will Microsoft Outlook 2011 sync email, contacts and calendar entries?

As far as I know Outlook 2011 having the same kind of sync service which is used in Entourage. I think there will sync will occur if you are going to use SyncService within Outlook and according to me it will definitely sync up with the Address book. However I am warning you that it will not use MAPI for Exchange. In simpler time I should explain that there would be no OWA connection to exchange. If you are looking for the OWA connection then I recommend you that you should use Exchange 2007 SP2 or the higher version of the same.

Well according to recent updates the new Microsoft Outlook Express having support for the syncing contacts but there would be no support for the calendars. This particular thing produced big trouble for me since I am keeping all the calendar entries in the Outlook of mine. even in the iTune in the Mac not providing any option to sync with Outlook. For the time being I have decided that I will be going to use until and unless final release happens in the market. Also let me know if you are having any idea about the any other sync solution.

I don’t know anything about the sync solution but I let you know that developer will provided sync with iCal with pushed update. I have figured out that this is very easy work relatively. When you open Outlook calendar and iCal at the same and next to each other. You will be anything drag and drop on iCal from the Outlook Express. It’s a kind of manual sync. Only thing you can do is to do the drag and drop on the correct day. It will transfer the time accurately but it will change the date on which you have dropped the item on that particular day.

I think it is the most significant black mark on this particular software Microsoft Outlook Express 2011 apart from this is a excellent software. Well I was able to sync my Entourage Calendar with the iPhone of mine. It’s simply stopped working after upgrading with Office Mac 2011. I am waiting for the time when this particular situation will fixed. I have heard that this problem will be going to fix with the upcoming Service Pack 1 of this particular software.

Recently I have started to use Macbook. Well I have imported all the Outlook 2007 data to the Outlook 2011 on the Mac of mine. I have not found any option to sync using iTunes which I had done on the Windows based computer of mine. I have asked the Apple Support for this particular problem whether there is a compatibility issue with iTunes and Outlook Mac 2011. Well Apple Support guy told me that there is a plan to sync with Mac applications but he did not told me anything about the time frame. I have done little bit research work on this particular matter and I have found that Outlook which is compatible on Mac will sync with the Contacts only. MobileMe account is also not syncing with Outlook 2011 for the Mac.

Re: Will Microsoft Outlook 2011 sync email, contacts and calendar entries?

Well I have seen lots of bug in Microsoft Outlook 2011 apart from sync issue of the calendar entries. As far as I know it is the worst program I have ever seen in my entire life. Done underestimate I really loved the previous version of the Outlook that is Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. I think Microsoft had blown many features of this particular product. I am business user and it’s killing the productivity of mine. I am unable to get why such problem is occurring. I think I am going to cancel Outlook sync.