Thread: No thumbnails for WTV files in Media Centre on Windows 7

No thumbnails for WTV files in Media Centre on Windows 7

Suddenly Recorded TV files in Windows 7 WTV format no longer have thumbnails. Files Windows Vista Media Center DVR-MS formats thumbnails yet but WTV format files recored with Windows 7. WTV file to convert a DVR-MS results immediately as the thumbnail appearing normal for DVR-MS files converted and the original file has not yet WTV thumbnail. All WTV files have no thumbnails and all DVR-MS files have thumbnails. The same thing is happening on all my computers running Windows 7. It seems a problem with thumbnails and WTV files only. Maybe KB981770 review is the problem, and that to be good for WTV files.

Re: No thumbnails for WTV files in Media Centre on Windows 7

The problem at the start of image library is not all thumbs of the subdirectories is displayed. I select a directory, I see the egg timer that will stop. It will create antiquity. I only see the pretty light blue squares or the egg timer / donut I have the impression that the update is here. At this stage I can "play slideshow" option. Then the images are also displayed. The hour glass disappears. There are, however, displayed no thumbs. Overall, I ca.60.000 files in 2,000 directories containing around a lot ;-), but this can not possibly even be the limit ......

So far I have tried the following:
    • Delete the data in C: \ Users \% user% \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Media Player
    • Reassignment of the media library (again d: \ Photos)
    • Allocation of Media Player as the default program for *. jpg, *. jpeg, *. bmp
    • Make sure the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] jpg / "PerceivedType = image"
    (which was entered correctly)

What else can I do?

Probably nothing to do with it, but to all "contingencies" be excluded, you should in the device manager to see if any driver is causing problems. A good reference for errors is the Windows Event Viewer, and there the branches "Applications" and "System". If you then have a yellow or red mark, you get the error and, if you click on it twice. The event viewer you'll see: Start> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Windows Logs.

What is you still can try to delete ehthumbs.db. In it puts the WMC the thumbnails. After a PC reboot will create the files again. One is located in the user directory under "My Videos" and the second is under

C: \ Users \ user account \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ eHome stored.

These files are hidden files or directories. Accordingly, if you have the Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View the option for hidden files and directories.