Thread: How to update drivers for Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder?

How to update drivers for Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder?

Previously I was having Windows Vista on the computer of mine. Now I have decided to install Windows 7 on the computer of mine. As the title suggest what I am going to ask over here. Well I am looking for the update of the driver of Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder. I have also found the Media Center does not seem to work at all after installing Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I was working great on Windows Vista on the computer. Now help me out from this particular situation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to update drivers for Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder?

As far as I know thing particular problem can be solved by the manufacturer of the hardware. I think you should contact the hardware manufacturer and ask for the drivers. You can also visit the official website of the hardware manufacturer and download the same. Once you have downloaded you should attempt to install the drivers on the computer of yours. let me know whether you have successfully installed the drivers on the computer.

Re: How to update drivers for Conexant 23880 Video Capture and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder?

I am providing following steps which you can use to download the drivers on the computer of yours. it consist of the following things.
    • You have to go for Device Manager from the control panel of the computer of yours.
    • You have to look for the device which you are looking for the driver to be installed on the computer. It will be show yellow notification near the device.
    • Now right click on the same and choose Update Driver from the right click Context menu. Now browse to the folder where the drivers are stored and installed the same.
    I think this will work fine for you.

I was having the same problem after installing Windows 7 on the computer of mine. After a long research work finally I have managed to fix the problem of mine. I have deleted the following files from the compute of mine.
    Code:
    c:\windows\system32\cpnotify_BB_IBV32.ax
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\cx88enc_IBV32.sys
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\cx88vid_IBV32.sys
    Now you have to unplug your computer with internet and restart the same. Now I have attempted to install the driver on the computer and its working great.

Well looking at the situation I think this particular thing will work for you.
    • You need to download and install Spring 2004 Original TV Tuner Driver from the official website.
    • Now go for the Device Manager.
    • You need to uninstall all the bad drivers from the computer of yours which is having yellow exclamation mark near to it. Click on it and delete the same from the computer.
    • You should disconnect your computer with Internet. Now go to Device Manager and click on Action go for Scan for the Hardware Changes.
    • Now use the instruction which is provided to install the drivers from the ‘C:\hp\drivers\TVTuner’
    I am hoping that Windows Media Center will be able to detect TV tuner.

I think you should try to install Windows using in Compatibility mode in the computer of. You can the following instruction for the same.
    • You have to right click on the Executable file and go for Properties.
    • Now click on the Compatibility and click on the Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Select Operating System from the drop down box.
    • Now click on OK button and right click on it. Choose Run as Administrator.

I have found that this is a universal problem as far as RTM version is concerned. I have seen that this particular problem is not occurring on the RC Version of the Windows 7. So I am suggesting you that should roll back to the RC version rather than using RTM version. Well this is the best solution for this particular problem. If this issue is still persisting then contact Microsoft for the same.