Thread: Questions regarding Divx author

Questions regarding Divx author

I was trying to burn the XVID videos into DIVX format so I can play those in dvd video pattern on my dvd players that provides support for divx. I used the Nero Vision for that purpose but in the process of converting the XVID to DVD I use to lose quality which was not at all expected. So I was trying out the DivX author but even in this application I seem to have problems in adding or creating buttons and menus like I did in Nero Vision. I would like you all to share your experience.

Re: Questions regarding Divx author

You can try burning the XVID,DIVX or even AVI files to DVD as a standard file if and only if your DVD player provides support for file formats like DIVX and XVID. While you play the files it should not do any kind of conversions. I think that TMPGEnc DVD Author should solve the issue. You can try looking for guides for the application on the internet by searching for it on Google site.

As far as I know “DivX Author” is similar to TDA. The only difference is that the Divx author provides only DIVX authoring. Most of the DVD players don’t have DIVX style menus. But if the DVD players are DIVX ultra certified then it can help you in creating dvd like menus with DIVX files, and it does not even need to convert to the dvd. Both the applications like “Nero Vision” and the “TDA” can have limitations in terms of altering the menus. Both of these applications rely on since they mostly rely on templates which are already made.

The DIVX application is compatible if you are using the windows XP operating system. The application is good and swift and you can make your video look really great. But as I have come to know that the application does not work well with the operating system like windows 7 of 64 bit resolution. I think it is time that DIVX should try fixing the compatibility issues. One more thing that I hate about the application is that if you are working on a trial version then the output is very slow.