Thread: No internet connection after uninstalling iTunes and Bonjour

No internet connection after uninstalling iTunes and Bonjour

As the title suggest what I am going to ask over here in this particular forum. Well I have downloaded iTunes64.exe on the computer and attempted to install the same. But due to some error the process of installation get completed. I was thinking that this problem was occurring due to all the Apple related software installed on the computer of mine. Well when I attempted to uninstall Bonjour on the computer it simply prompts that I have to search for Bonjour64.ms and uninstall the same. Any how I have managed to search it and uninstall the same. Then I have removed mdnsNSP.old file from the computer but I am not getting Internet Connection. Can anyone help me to fix this particular problem? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: No internet connection after uninstalling iTunes and Bonjour

Well looking at the situation I think you should use the following command to fix the problem of yours. to run this command you need to launch Command Prompt on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and enter CMD on the Start run box.
    • You have to right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Now copy paste the following command and press enter from the keyboard in order to execute the same.
    Code:
    egsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll
    Now restart the computer and see whether issue is persisting or not.

You can use the following instruction in order to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to download and install LSPFix.exe from the official website. You have to delete dsnNSP.dll from the winsock layer. Once you have deleted you have to restart the computer of yours.
    • You have to launch elevated command prompt on the computer of yours. Now you have to copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    sc stop "Bonjour Service"
    You might be getting the error message that service is not running. No need to worry about that.Now copy paste the following command and press enter.
    Code:
    sc delete "Bonjour Service"
    Now close the command prompt and restart the computer of yours. You will able to delete Bonjour folders from the computer of yours.

You have to download msicuu2.exe on the computer of yours. Once it is downloaded you have to right click on it and click Run as Administrator and install the same.
    • Now restart the computer.
    • You have to click on the Start menu and go for all programs and click on the Windows Install Clean Up.
    • Now launch the program and you will see the program which is installed on the computer of yours.
    • You have to choose Apple and Bonjour using mouse and simply click on the Remove button.
    • Now restart the computer of yours.

I have done following thing which you can fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to uninstall iTunes and QuickTime from the computer of yours.
    • Now try to uninstall Bonjour however you will be unable to delete Bonjour folder from the C drive.
    • Now install all the three programs from the official Website of Apple on the computer.
    • Now restart the computer and install all the three programs on the computer of yours.

You have to launch the command prompt on the computer of yours and execute the following command on it.
    Code:
    “%PROGRAMFILES%\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe” -remove
    Now browse to C:\Program Files\Bonjour folder and rename mdnsNSP.dll file with mdnsNSP.old. Now reboot the computer and remove Bonjour folder from the program files. Above mentioned thing will successfully stop and remove Bonjour Service from the computer of yours.

I really want to appreciate all the users who have posted solution on this particular thread. Well let me know which solution helped you to fix the problem of yours. if none of solutions helped you to fix the problem of your then you should contact Apple for further assistant. You can either email them or directly contact them through hotline. You should provide all the information regarding the problem and I am hoping that they will help you to fix the problem of yours.