Thread: vdub 1.5 and AC3 audio convertors

vdub 1.5 and AC3 audio convertors

I am a currently pursuing a course of DJ. My work is to deal with all types of audio files and manipulate them so as to capture particular sounds which I like from thoe tracks. So I need a lot of audio converters and applications through which I can make my work more simpler. I have heard about the Vdub 1.5 and AC3 converters and would like to have a clear picture about them. I would even like to know about any other audio converters which can make my work simpler.

Re: vdub 1.5 and AC3 audio convertors

For audio compression ac3 is a lossy format. It provides you with the tools so as to encode the sound track upto 6 channels of audio. The ac3 converters are mostly used in movies. For example say you have bought a DVD and it has “Dolby Digital” logo on it, then the logo signifies that minimum one track has been encoded in ac3. And if you desire to convert the the ac3 file format into a mp3 file format then that can be done through the ac3 decoder which is one of the tools in the ac3 converter application.

Yes I am upto this date using the ac3 audio converter and it really works well. I am working in the production house and there we make use of the ac3 audio converters. For example if you have got some some audio tracks or a part from the movie in the ac3 format, then you can with no trouble convert the ac3 file into mp3 format with the help of the ac3 converter tool called the ac3 Decoder. By using this application you can try and extract sound tracks from a dvd.

There is an application called “VirtualDub”, which is mainly used for video capturing. Using this application you can even process utility which is licensed under the “General Public License”. It is intended to be a common utility which allows you to trim or clean up videos before you export them on the tape or before processing them with other applications. It is not used for editing purposes but is very efficient in case of rapid linear operations on the video files.

The Vdub or the Virtualdub application is a well known application. I am hooked to this sotwares for mionths and it serves my purpose very well. What I find more fascinating in this application is that it includes batch processing capability and can process multiple files at a time all you need to do is make a batch selection or multiple selection and it will will perform the same action for all the files. You can even make use of third party video filters with this application. I have observed that “VirtualDub” is at its best when it comes to processing the avi files.

Instead of the above mentioned applications I prefer the application named “FFmpeg”. This application is meant for audio and video conversion. What is more exciting is that even acts as a player or a server. It was initially made to serve the purpose of a command line tool by a guy called “Fabrice Bellard”. But now this application is available for almost all the known platforms or in other words operating systems like the linux, windows, Mac OS X, cygwin and as far as I know some of its versions even include a GUI.

The ac3 audio converter has won my heart. It is versatile and performance wise I have no issues whatsoever. The ac3 audio converter is compatible with operating systems like the windows XP, windows 2003, windows Vista, windows 7 and some other OS as well. You can get a free trial version on the internet, and I have to say that this application has got quite a good response. It is an audio converter software and can convert audio files like wav, mp3, mp2, mp1, mpeg, mp4, aac, mov, aiff, and many more to formats like the wav, mp3, mp2, ogg, ac3, wma, amr , etc.