Thread: An application to convert AVI to ISO

An application to convert AVI to ISO

Yesterday I downloaded some Hollywood movies from the internet, and these files were in avi format. I even have some movies and they are all in the avi file format as well. I want to convert all these avi files into an ISO. I need to convert them so that I can burn to dvd for a standard viewing. So is there any application which will serve the above mentioned purpose, or if you have better ideas then you are welcome to put your suggestions.

Re: An application to convert AVI to ISO

I think that you are not so familiar with the ISO software. I would like to clear your doubt first, an avi file format is a video file format, whereas an iso file format is a standard used for the images for a CD or DVD. What you must try for is a converter which will help you to convert the avi file formats to dvd afer which you can think of creating an iso of the dvd and then burn it. So I hope that you have a clear picture as to what is what.

When I went through your question I was confused. If you directly try to create an iso image of the avi file will not help you. What you must know is that an ISO is not a file format but it is just an image of the CD or DVD. So what you really need to do is to convert the avi file format to a dvd. Once you are done with the conversion of avi to video dvd now you can try burning the video folder.

I think you should go for the application called the “DVDSubEdit”. Latest is the DVDSubEdit 1.501 and it is a freeware, with a file size of 595 kb approximately. It is compatible with operating systems like the windows 98, windows NT, windows 2000, windows XP and some others as well. This application allows you to edit the contents of your dvd vob files. You can even try editing the subtitles and even buttons. In this application we have the liberty to change the subtitles, can even try removing them, or try changing the color, along with level of transparency, duration, etc.

The most useful application I have found is the “ImgBurn” it is an application which allows you to burn discs along with the disc images and the most exciting thing about the program is the EZ-mode. If you are a new bee to this application then this EZ mode will let you perform easy operations without applying your heads. The latest version is the imgBurn 2.5.5.0. This application has got a good response, it is a freeware, and is compatible on a variety of platforms.

Yes, indeed the imgBurn application is a better alternative but even it has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that it has plenty of optical disc burner features, it provides support to a wide range of file formats, and it basically allows you to burn blu-ray discs. One of its disadvantages is that it includes very complex options which at times get a bit annoying. Using this application you can now easily burn images to disc.