Thread: Loading mp4 with VirtualDub

Loading mp4 with VirtualDub

I want to load some mp4 files directly in VirtualDub. I downloaded the plugin for mp4 videohelp-dot-com/tools/VirtualDub find the extracted file ("MP4InputDriver.vdplugin") in VirtualDub \ Plugins32. When I open an mp4 file in VirtualDub I get an error and I think being able to scrub through the file, but the video showing VirtualDub is black. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here? I'm running VirtualDub 1.8.8.

Re: Loading mp4 with VirtualDub

The Plugins folder in the VirtualDub directory is for Video-Effect Plugins. Input plug-ins are always in Plugins32's directory. The plugin can speak several methods to decode video and audio. Will you be able to use all the methods must also QuickTime or QuickTime Alternative installed (there's also other problems with certain compression formats that the other methods can not be decoded). The plugin is not so 100% autonomous. Spontaneously, I know not now what's could be with you (other than a lack of QuickTime installation.) You can (if you want) piece of the file (5-10MB) to cut out a (goes with Yamb ), upload somewhere and send me the link via PN.

If you have not installed's: Try to check with ffdshow (VfW interface to install!). Activate after installation in the new program group by "ffdshow VFW configuration" in "Decoder" all supported video compression. Then attempt to reopen the MP4 in VirtualDub. If this does not work: try on AviSynth in VirtualDub to load the file (eg via "direct show source" or DGAVCIndex. You must re-encode either way - even if it would work with the QuickTime plug-in (for "Direct stream copy" is not it). If you prepare the problems: maybe you go with Avidemux. To use, similar to VirtualDub - should therefore make use of so no problems.

Well ... MPEG4 video is nunmal a final format and actually not really meant for further processing. For AviSynth:'s installed, open Notepad (the Windows text editor), pure read the following (of course with adapted path):
    Code:
      DirectShow source ("C: \ Pfad_zum \ video.mp4)
    Save it as a starting Beliebiger_Dateinamen.avs (NOTE: to the eighth *. avs extension). This AVS file you open now instead of the MP4 file into VirtualDub (if the MP4 file can be played with WMP, it can process the kind AviSynth and share pictures and sound to VirtualDub). I just hope that it works Sun But as I said with 'sample would NEM's easier for me to give more detailed advice. That you that's too sensitive for a private video, but I can understand - but it runs just the way to more "trial and error" out ...

VirtualDub from home is for AVI Files designed. It can also read MPEG1 files and a special version of VirtualDub can MPEG2 Read files. MPEG4 can be read when it is in AVI File exists and a suitable codec can be used on the PC from VirtualDub. MPEG4 can prosper outside of AVI Files exist. The typical ending of such a file is MP4. Such files can either be read not at all in VD or available only as a frame server such as Avisynth. The same applies when there is no VD-suited MPEG4 Codec exist. But even this road is a dead end for you because you are the edited video with VD can never save as MP4 video. I would invest in your place a few bucks in a license key to upgrade the Quicktime Player to Quicktime Pro. So you get a relatively inexpensive editing program. Known in advance whether your MPEG4 files are playable in QuickTime Player (they are probably there, but better safe than sorry).

I have no problem with my KM player to play the file. If you use Avisynth means more work than simply using a plug-in or downloading and installing something (it seems) I think I'll pass. Script seems too long. I downloaded the x264VFW found on this site and the unofficial shark teeth. What should I do first? I'm at work and will not be able to test until you get home. Some of the plugins I have VD. I have no the QuickTime, MP4, flash video or live show. I wonder if it would make a difference? I will try this later and let you know the result!