Thread: Unable to load video on Virtual Dub

Unable to load video on Virtual Dub

The video file I'm trying to load is an AVI, but for some reason, I get this error message:. "Could not locate decompressor for" DX50 "format (unknown) VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) codecs DirectShow compatible codec to decompress video. Such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable." While we're on the subject of codecs, I downloaded and installed the DivX Total Pack 2.3, but nothing new is presented to try to step 4. Of course, since VirtualDub does not load the video first, I'm getting ahead of myself, but still, I must mention that while I'm ready for help with problems (or so steps 3 and 4). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to load video on Virtual Dub

I'm not that fluent in VD, but I'm sure someone made a few plugins that were only two or three line script that uses DirectShowSource to load the file. You could try that approach or also try FourCC Changer: The AVI FourCC Code changer lets you modify the FourCC code given in an AVI file. FourCC code is the identification key used by the AVI format to find out which decoder to use for playing AVI files.

Well, I tried your first idea (I made a video copy of plans to integrate my subtitles created, and pasted it to another drive, just in case). Unfortunately, I do not really know what I'm doing and playing with the codecs that make the video just can not reproduce (and VirtualDub has nothing to do with it either). So I tried to download the Quick AVI Creator, about which I am not so sure that what should I do further. They do not come with a "readme" file, and it seems that can convert files, but I see no subbing.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

VLC is independent of all the installed codecs on your machine. Quick Avi Creator uses utilizes AvsP which in further used to edit AviSynth scripts. VSFilter.dll allows you to record the subtitles. View VobSub () and Textsub () function. The basic use is to select the input file and the encoding type. avi avi in this case. Be the rotation for a while demuxing the audio and video. When this is done, you can process the audio ... then comes the AvsP editor so you can add statements to the AviSynth script. View AviSynth for use. But if you do not have any subtitles and do not need any filter to fix the video, you would accept it as is and go to Tools and select Process video. The graphical user interface allows you to select the bit rate and other options. For the Xvid codec I'm not sure what is the best in those days. Codec Pack Shark's for Vista and Windows 7. If you are running Windows XP you may just want the free-codecs.com. Or you can get AutoGK as it comes with a multi-XviD codec.

Seems to work on everything I tried except CineForm avi (DS CineForm decoder is much faster than one thanks to multithreading vfw), which reports "Can not find the graphic DirectShow: error code 80004001" then crashes when trying to close the file (if anything else or exit load). EDIT: had to rename dll vdplugin place to ensure that the load, too ... I do not know if this is something that has changed in the source since I'm using one of the sources of evidence before 1.7.x for my generation.

The question CineForm HD is very interesting. Is failing the sample grabber can not connect to the CineForm decoder filter, but for some strange reason I ended up with the RenderStream S_OK () call. My guess is that this is due to errors in my hand a sample custom filter - after my experiences with the true shape of a hand sample filter in DirectShow capture code I decided I really needed to write a custom to overcome some of the most annoying restrictions, particularly the hand specimen cannot accept VIDEOINFOHEADER2 (used for the aspect ratio and interlacing). For legal reasons prevent the use of the base class library of DirectShow, so for this task I started to write a DirectShow transform filter from scratch. I had already tried this once years ago, but not because my C + + and COM-fu-fu was not up to snuff. Things are changing a little bit better this time.