Thread: I cannot install windows 7 due to virus

I cannot install windows 7 due to virus

Recently I have downloaded Windows 7 with server pack 1 from the internet, from a genuine source. But it started; giving errors due to the viruses that was present in the computer. I tried to remove the virus but it was again and again entering and the auto update facility which was listed in the services was not been mentioned anywhere. When I tried to scan the pc with the Anti virus I found various infections in the pc and I tried to clean the infection with the latest virus such as AVG and Microsoft security it was getting lots of issue regarding anti malware etc. I think I have to fully format the PC to get the infection out of the PC but I want all the data that are present in the hard drive. Can I remove all the data without the infection present in it?

Re: I cannot install windows 7 due to virus

To remove the virus you have to scan the PC with a good antivirus which is up to date and it is not a free edition one Also scan the PC with the help of good anti malware remover. You can download the anti malware from the internet from your friend PC so that the software is not infected. After scanning the PC, do the following thing to overcome all the errors that are present now in the operating system. Open the command prompt, from the start menu and run it as a administrator right, after you doing this type the command as “chkdsk /f /r” and press enter. After this run the command SFC /SCANNOW in the command prompt , this help in diagnosing any of the important file system is corrupted or not and it will ask to replace it. After this try to insert the windows 7 cd to replace the corrupted file that is present.

Hi friends I do have a same issue in my Acer laptop which had Windows 7 installed in it ,recently I had been infected with the virus , so I had to format my drive , after that I started reinstalling in the operating system in it but it was giving errors and my it displayed a black screen. so when I contacted the tech people of Acer they sent me a Recovery disk from their side for free of cost, And told me to read the manual carefully before doing the require procedure.

My problem is worse, when I clear the virus and get restarted, I was not even getting the BIOS because the pc would get stuck and never went ahead. One thing I did is I downloaded Hiren boot cd depending on the version that was the most compatible and then I ran it on my pc. Due to this the issue of the PC getting hanged was removed and I entered into the bios and did all the require setting from there to get rid of the problems.

Once you have reformatted your PC you can restore the factory setting by making the copies of the data .All you need is a HP Windows 7 disc that will help you to restore all the information in the PC that you had lost because of the format. After you have done that you can download all the all the essential utilities that are present on the internet to keep your PC safe from viruses. Most of them goes with various antivirus like ESET, AVAST, MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL. These are free version and paid version also nut in the paid version you do not the total security and the PC is left open for virus attack in the free version, so go for a good paid version antivirus.