Thread: Windows Live mail error: "Assertion Failed"

Windows Live mail error: "Assertion Failed"

Guys I was using the Windows Live Mail efficiently on my system and that I was not facing any kind of problem as such with the application until recently when I upgrade my system to install the Windows 7 Service Pack Operating system from the Vista that I was previously having. The Windows live mail would work perfectly then but when I had installed the Windows 7 operating system and tried accessing the Windows Live Mail, I got a error saying that the
    • Failed to initialize Shared Canvas: System.IO.fileNotFoundException:
    • Could not load file or asembly ‘WindowsLive.Writer.Localization,
    • Assertion Failed: Abort = Quit, Retry = Debug, Ignore = Continue

So can some one help me to know that what is causing this error and what according to you should I do to overcome the same?

Re: Windows Live mail error: "Assertion Failed"

Hey have there are some facets that are unclear such that have you kept the setup file for the Windows Live Mail with you and on installing the Windows 7 operating system, you installed the same setup file that you have previously saved. If this is true than what I think that you should look to download the completely new version of the application and then again, move forward installing the same on your system, once you get this new fresh copy of the application installed on your system then you can easily access the same perfectly and smoothly.

Just look for the update of the Windows Live Mail by browsing the internet and on finding installing the same on the system of yours, what I think that the Windows Live Mail of yours might have got corrupted and that is why you are not able to run the software effectively if you can try updating the software or if possible even installing the completely new version of the software then I think that you will surely be able to overcome the error that you are getting.

Please I need help I did the update of the hotmail and Windows Live yesterday on my office system but latter on the company banned from accessing the Windows live and many other websites. Now that I cannot stay away from accessing the Windows Mail to look into what mails that I have got so I went directly to the hotmail email client to access my account and see if I could see my mail, but whenever I login to the Hotmail I am directly moved to the Windows Live Mail through which I cannot access as it is banned, so I am not able to access my account, so can someone help me to know what is the problem and how can it be solved.

Hey in order to directly move to the hotmail client to open the account for you, you will first have to open your account in the Windows Live Mail and then from there you have to change the settings so as to get the account accessed from the hotmail client. If you don’t have system at your home from where you can change this setting then you will have to access your mail from another server. Once inside your account at the top of the inbox, just above where it begins list of headlines, a link appears to be able to convert back. If not listed, then in the area of 'options' may return to the traditional Hotmail. Once this is done then you will surely be able to open your account from there.

Guys I don’t have any other system at my home with a internet connection and that is why I am not able to change the permission of my account from there. Nor I have any of friends where I can go, also I am all the time in the office and that is why I don’t have any time to go to the cyber to carry out the changes to my account from there. Can someone please suggest what else can I do to make change of the permission of my account or any other way to access the account as I am very eager because of the important mails that I always get.

Hey you can try accessing the Windows Live Mail from your office as well even if there are restrictions on its access. You can use a Meeboo or a Atunnel website which acts as a separate server by itself and with which you can get the access to any site that you want. This is a kind of special feature that probably this website contains as it allows you to access the websites that are been banned on your server and with which you can access whatever you want.